S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Canadian Xenons - here's the final answer

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-1999, 06:16 PM
Matt Daniels

Default Canadian Xenons - here's the final answer

I emailed the PR rep of AoA about the Canadian Xenons and about the carbon fiber trim I saw on a Canadian spec S4 at the press event last week. Here is his answer:

"In Canada for model year 2000, all Audis will be available with Xenon lights EXCEPT the S4.

Because of its unique bumper configuration, the S4 will only be available in Canada with standard halogen headlights and foglights integrated into the headlight unit itself (like all A4s were last year). This exception is due to the Canadian bumper standards and the mandatory daytime running lights. Therefore the car you saw was only different in its carbon fiber trim. This is not part of the standard program but should be available as a special order item if a customer is placing an order.

Other A4s and the rest of the product line will have Xenon lights available."

Hope this answers all your questions. You guys in Canada may not be able to get Xenons, but you can get the Carbon Fiber trim. I wonder if that's true for the U.S. as well.

Matt
Old 09-08-1999, 06:30 PM
JFR

Default Re: Canadian Xenons - here's the final answer

I don't understand why A4 and all the others will have Xenon and not the S4. Are Canadain bumper standard and daylight running light any different from a S4 to an A4.
I just don't catch that one.

I can see a lot of disapointment from Canadain S4 buyer.
and I am myself.

JFR

S4 00"????????
Old 09-08-1999, 06:36 PM
mpm

Default Someone's day is not going to start well...so sorry for you loreon...

and the rest of our great northern neighbors. Talk about illogical!? But, I can umnderstand why many regard zenon's (as well as a couple other "standard features"), as a must have.

However, the opening is the same size as an A4, maybe the dealer can do a switch. I say you come this far, plug in a set of zenon's and call it a day.
Old 09-08-1999, 06:57 PM
PWS

Default Odd...

The dealer never mentioned an option for carbon fibre trim.. The copy of the order sheet I have which says effective Aug 30, 99 says that the sport interior package (alcantara inserts) includes the silver aluminum trim replacing wood.

PR guys are frequently wrong and I agree with the message below.. if they can put xenons in an A4, then they can put them in a S4.

I'll just wait and see.. If they don't come with them, then I'm cancelling mine. No question.

PWS
Old 09-08-1999, 07:11 PM
JFR

Default At least they should have the foglight same as the A4 99.5, that' s a minimum,

and it's seem to me that i'm getting an A4 1998 with a sport package and a bi-turbo for about 15k more. Those it make sense??

JFR

S4 00 ????
Old 09-08-1999, 08:52 PM
Tom

DRL sucks. I predicted the damn DRL is the main reason why S4 doesn't have Xenons
Old 09-09-1999, 05:06 AM
Scott W

Default That's bull****! In my family we have a CLK430 & 540i both have DRL & Xenons...

nice engineering Audi. Don't put them in your "premier sport model", but put them in everything else. Oh well, looks like another day of disappointment for me. Boo-hoo. :-(
Old 09-09-1999, 05:08 AM
Scott W

Isn't it great?
Old 09-09-1999, 05:11 AM
Scott W

There is a HUGE difference between Xenons & Halogen. You've got to drive w/them & you'll agree.
Old 09-09-1999, 05:20 AM
mpm

I think you misinterpruted my comment, I agree that in this day and age, zenon's are a must have

Quick Reply: Canadian Xenons - here's the final answer