S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Dealer is driving me nuts. Keeps 'losing' my deposit (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-1999, 01:02 PM
harinder

Default Dealer is driving me nuts. Keeps 'losing' my deposit (long)

In March of 1998, I ordered a pearl white A4. After two months, the dealer still couldn't find one, and Audi stopped making 'em. So, I transferred my deposit to a TTQ. Dealer says, no problem. Two weeks later, the salesguy calls and says he can't find my deposit (I used a credit card). Finally, after about a week of looking, he finds the deposit. As time slowly goes by while I wait for my TT, salesguy calls again and says he can't find the deposit. I start to get a bit frustrated with him. Okay, so another week goes by and he finds it again.

When the first TT's (fwd) come in, I figure I should go look. The car is nice, but I want a quattro. I check to see if my kid's car seat will fit in the back, and of course, it doesn't.

I ask the salesguy to transfer my order to an S4. He says no problem. A couple of days later, yup, you guessed it. No deposit found. Okay, this time it only took him about 2 days to find it. Finally two days ago, I stop by the dealer to check on any updates for delivery (they told me that my S4 would be in the second batch, ie, October). But they can't find my order.

Today, I call to see if things have been cleared up. The sales manager tells me that an incoming order has been changed to match my specifications, but he is not sure about delivery dates yet. Then he asks me if I made a deposit on the car. My sales guy left last month. I explained to him that this is the 4th time they have lost track of my deposit.

Am I wrong to be a bit pissed? I bought a 98A6Q from this dealer and got my brother to get a 99A6Q from them. I would expect that they would "take care of me" just a bit better.

I'm not mentioning the dealer name just yet. I'll wait and see how they handle this.

Harinder
Old 08-26-1999, 01:19 PM
Scott W

Lease the car from them & "lose" a couple of their payments...see how much they like it!
Old 08-26-1999, 01:52 PM
steve l o

Default Same thing happened to me...

Dealer had no record of my deposit. Called the accounting department and had them check the computer. It was in the computer under the wrong name. They straightened it out. I would go straight to the source and ask the accounting department if they have records of your deposit on computer. If they don't, tell them to start a file in the computer. If they lose the check, too bad. They have record that you gave them one. If they are that disorganized, you may need to give them a little point in the right direction.

Steve
Old 08-26-1999, 09:02 PM
Scott G

Default Re: My dealer sent me confirmation of my deposit in the mail. I would ask for the same.

nt