S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Donromani's (soon to be) EPIC RS6 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donromani's (soon to be) EPIC RS6 thread

It might be a little early to call this an epic thread but I like to stay optimistic. Besides, my girlfriend always complains about me being premature, but I don't know what her problem is, the sooner the better, that's my motto.

*ahem*

---------------------------------------------------------------

Compared to many of the builds out there this will be pretty ordinary. Still, AW needs some new material and I need the attention so here goes.

The Meat:

RS6 turbochargers with steel inlets - JHM
VAST Tune and Fueling
VAST stage 3 ceramic clutch
VAST resurfaced flywheel

The Potatoes:
034 street density engine mounts & Tranny Mounts
APR Snub Mount
X1 Intake

The Gravy:
Silicone Boost Hoses
ASP Phenolic Intake Spacers
ECS Coilover conversion for the front suspension

The Creme:
Blue Cap Thermal Switch (for after-run coolant pump)
Brand New Coolant Overflow Reservoir
Replace Dash LCD - modulemasters

---------------------------------------------------------------

I will post as many pics as I can host. Turbos and such arrive in the mail tomorrow, everything else is ready to go. The garage is cleaned up and ready to be befouled. Do your part to make this thread epic by posting all of your hate filled garbage here repeatedly and without shame! If we all work together we can make this thread a:

Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

You are having way too much fun with this thread. Also how big are the asp spacers? I've heard of people having problems with the ones that are 10mm thick.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hehe - yeh, my life is sad.

Anyway, I heard the same thing so I steered clear of the 10mm ones - the ASP set looks to be about 5mm (not counting the gaskets which are maybe another 1mm max altogether)- plus they were the best value.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well atleast my stage 3 will be done before your RS6s. Some guy scammed me out of turbos so my k04s cost more than RS6s.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by complacentsee
Well atleast my stage 3 will be done before your RS6s. Some guy scammed me out of turbos so my k04s cost more than RS6s.
your FLOP will never get done lol!1!!1 I AM NOT IMPRESSED
Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by donromani
your FLOP will never get done lol!1!!1 I AM NOT IMPRESSED
Your a funny f!cker..... you know its only a matter of time before that douche destroys your thread.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Lol - I'm basically inviting him in aren't I? It's ok though, me and FAW buried the hatchet in a way - at least I think so. The flaming will go on, but no hard feelings, me thinks.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Turbos, Clutch and Flywheel arrived today!

Got a good portion of my stuff today, enough to get the car stage 3- anyway. I unpacked the turbos and those things are so beautiful. So naturally I did what any man would do. I f++ked them. That's right, you heard me!

And I'm not ashamed of it either. Car goes up tonight, wrenching begins the day after.

SHAZAAM!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I beginning to research what to go with as I'm due for new turbo's as soon as the noise in my passenger side k03 finally goes.

What made you go with the RS6's over the Garrett's. Pretty set on RS6's over k04's but contemplating the smaller GT's.

At any rate - good luck. keep us posted with pics.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The passenger side turbo is the weaker brother it seems, that's the same one that's going on mine.

I was torn between the 034 Tial kit and RS6 kit for a while. I went with RS6 because VAST and JHM are offering an unbeatable group buy price on the whole package - get in touch with VAST to see if you can get the group buy price as well! (I'm pretty sure you can still get it )

If you need any more help let me know, I just asked a lot of the same questions that are probably going through your mind. JibberJive's RS6 build thread as well as Jibber himself, were good resources. Do a search for JibberJive RS6 to find the thread I mean or search "Tial 034 kit Vs Rs6" to find the thread I started where the guys on AW helped me out.

Quick Reply: Donromani's (soon to be) EPIC RS6 thread