S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

driver door lock vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver door lock vandalized

went out to my car last week and found some ***** did this... he didn't even get into the car, that useless idiot...

here's a closer look...

after the vandalism/attempted theft, i was unable to enter the car through the driver door... i now had to enter through the front passenger door, then open the door, then go around and get in the car that way... what a pain...

i tried to take apart the door and after taking out the only two screws i could locate, i realized i had no idea what i was doing, so i figured i would ask the experts here...

can anyone give me a step by step on how to remove the inside panel of the front driver door so that i could take a look at the door lock mechanism? or perhaps a schematic of the door?

thanks for any help.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well...

Originally Posted by danxp
went out to my car last week and found some ***** did this... he didn't even get into the car, that useless idiot...

here's a closer look...

after the vandalism/attempted theft, i was unable to enter the car through the driver door... i now had to enter through the front passenger door, then open the door, then go around and get in the car that way... what a pain...

i tried to take apart the door and after taking out the only two screws i could locate, i realized i had no idea what i was doing, so i figured i would ask the experts here...

can anyone give me a step by step on how to remove the inside panel of the front driver door so that i could take a look at the door lock mechanism? or perhaps a schematic of the door?

thanks for any help.
I just had these laying around... There's a couple more...

Door Panel Illustration.pdf

Door Inner Panel Illustration and Part #'s.pdf

Door Handle, Outer.pdf

Door Handle.pdf

Door Lock Cover.pdf
Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Last ones...

Originally Posted by danxp

here's a closer look...

thanks for any help.
Good luck... Let us know how it goes.
Chris

BTW, sucks this happened... Hopefully these bastards get caught.

Front Door and Door Component Carrier.pdf

Front Door Handle, Pre-Assembly.pdf

Front Door Lock Operating Rods.pdf

Interior Release Door Latch.pdf

Last edited by Chris's S4; 07-25-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can save you quite a bit of money on the replacement parts when you get to that point. Give us a ring if you have any questions.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks chris...

i doubt the bastards will get caught... i don't have too much faith in the police trying track down a car break-in when they couldn't even get in... so i didn't even report it... not worth my time...