S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

GOOD AUDI MECHANIC IN THE BOSTON AREA

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a great guy in Newton, right near the Eliot T stop - Autoeurpoa. Close enough for you?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I use Duncan's European Automotive in Londonderry, NH.

http://duncansauto.com/

Craig and his son Ben are good honest guys.

Been servicing my 2001 S4 Avant, 1999 ML 430, and now the new minivan. (Yikes!)
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I would recommend Frank Dota

Originally Posted by solardooch
Frank Dota posts on craigslist. He is a scumbag. Do not trust him. Had him replace cam tensioners in my A6. He set the timing wrong on the cam chains - both banks. He was using specs from a software program alldatapro.com. He claimed it was the exact same as Audi. Wrong! After setting the timing wrong, he would not come back and fix it. Chased him for 3 weeks. Have had to filoe a report with my local police department. Taking him to small claims court. Since, I have gotten correct specs from a local Audi dealership on correct timing for cam chain. Went in and fixed myself. Frank was off 2 chain rollers on each bank. This guy is an idiot.

Frank is great Audi mechanic. He has worked on my car multiple times. Recently he did my timing belt, valve gaskets and oil change. I bought my own part and he installed them. He even washed my car and cleaned my engine when he was done. He does very good work. Honest, affordable and convenient. I saved so much cash and my car is running better than ever. I would certainly recommend him.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Beware of Frank Dota

I used Frank Dota and had real bad experience. Stay away fron this guy. He took $2300 and many issues came up that he claims. Never retunrs calls, etc.
Originally Posted by butamironin
had an issue with this guy, first he did some bs with my abs (while charging me $250, abs still won't work+ no abs light or brake is working either nor beeps are ever beeping) + i was changing a door from mine to salvaged, cause i had a break in, he forgot to change locks, still can't get a hold of him.
so wouldn't recommend him.

There is a mechanic name Jesse he lives in Boston area. he does stuff quickly an no hassles, changed steering, tb+ waterpump.. my close friend with allroad advised me to him and he is great.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Stay away from Frank and Nick Dota

This guy is a big problem. Many issues came up. He returned the car with a broken Taillight and bumper was damaged. His real address is 22 lakeshore Drive Westford ma....stay away from this guy

Originally Posted by audi-b6er
Frank is great Audi mechanic. He has worked on my car multiple times. Recently he did my timing belt, valve gaskets and oil change. I bought my own part and he installed them. He even washed my car and cleaned my engine when he was done. He does very good work. Honest, affordable and convenient. I saved so much cash and my car is running better than ever. I would certainly recommend him.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Frank Dota is terrible....do not use him!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default frank dota strong armed robbery, cocaine addict,mechanic scam artist..

Originally Posted by solardooch
Frank Dota posts on craigslist. He is a scumbag. Do not trust him. Had him replace cam tensioners in my A6. He set the timing wrong on the cam chains - both banks. He was using specs from a software program alldatapro.com. He claimed it was the exact same as Audi. Wrong! After setting the timing wrong, he would not come back and fix it. Chased him for 3 weeks. Have had to filoe a report with my local police department. Taking him to small claims court. Since, I have gotten correct specs from a local Audi dealership on correct timing for cam chain. Went in and fixed myself. Frank was off 2 chain rollers on each bank. This guy is an idiot.
frank dota took me for almost two thousand dollars...i had to drop off and pick up car ,5 times...weezled his way out of a reciept to complete his scam.... took car to him for coolant leak ,timing belt and serpentine .and a gasket...4 hours worth of work....... got car back with a siezed alternater witch frank rebuilt for a 300,hahaha ...he replaced waterpump 300,and the leak wasnt even coming from the water pump..... it was simply a cracked clamp to a hose,,5 dollars.so he put in a water pump for nothing and a alternater too ...put in an oilfilter too small..charged me 200 for a coolant sensor,gave me a totally worped motershaft pulley when he did the belts..finally picked up car..after he text me saying car is ready but im leaving for the sox game,car was on street in westford....i pick up car and drive drive 1/4 of a mile stop to get gas and the car was still leaking coolant ...and now the car is leaking oil too and smoking,so im at the gasstation in disbelief..drive a 1/4 back to lovely frank dota jr house ,pull into his driveway open my hood to try and stop the leak,and guess who comes walking out of the little house on the lake? franky dota,when he was supossed to be at the game..so frank comes out saying its not leaking ,so we go under the car and the car was pissing coolant like crazy...i asked him to show me what he did to car,because he told me he replaced a pipe.i said frank point out that pipe you replaced,so he got caught im a lie...starts getting loud and threatening....i told him i wasnt leaving and that i was calling the police..he said you better not bring the police here or else....to me...i did not have my cell phone on me so his goofy son was also creeping around in the yard so instead of frank getting violent with me in his yard i drove away ,i have a little baby at home and im not going to fight this man or get asaulted by him he is obviously not stable....so 1800 dollars frank took me for laughed at me when i asked for reciept..he knew i had a baby and low income..when i dropped him off at home the second time my daughter was in the car with us...your a scumbag frank...ohh ya you can keep the fishing rod you or your goofy son stole out of my trunk you losers...now my car is smoking and leaking coolant and oil....and that never happened before....only when i left his house that last time and drove a 1/4 mile to the gas station..frank dota jr your a perfect package have a good life..beware of this man...
Old 07-21-2014, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2kitcar2
frank dota took me for almost two thousand dollars...i had to drop off and pick up car ,5 times...weezled his way out of a reciept to complete his scam.... took car to him for coolant leak ,timing belt and serpentine .and a gasket...4 hours worth of work....... got car back with a siezed alternater witch frank rebuilt for a 300,hahaha ...he replaced waterpump 300,and the leak wasnt even coming from the water pump..... it was simply a cracked clamp to a hose,,5 dollars.so he put in a water pump for nothing and a alternater too ...put in an oilfilter too small..charged me 200 for a coolant sensor,gave me a totally worped motershaft pulley when he did the belts..finally picked up car..after he text me saying car is ready but im leaving for the sox game,car was on street in westford....i pick up car and drive drive 1/4 of a mile stop to get gas and the car was still leaking coolant ...and now the car is leaking oil too and smoking,so im at the gasstation in disbelief..drive a 1/4 back to lovely frank dota jr house ,pull into his driveway open my hood to try and stop the leak,and guess who comes walking out of the little house on the lake? franky dota,when he was supossed to be at the game..so frank comes out saying its not leaking ,so we go under the car and the car was pissing coolant like crazy...i asked him to show me what he did to car,because he told me he replaced a pipe.i said frank point out that pipe you replaced,so he got caught im a lie...starts getting loud and threatening....i told him i wasnt leaving and that i was calling the police..he said you better not bring the police here or else....to me...i did not have my cell phone on me so his goofy son was also creeping around in the yard so instead of frank getting violent with me in his yard i drove away ,i have a little baby at home and im not going to fight this man or get asaulted by him he is obviously not stable....so 1800 dollars frank took me for laughed at me when i asked for reciept..he knew i had a baby and low income..when i dropped him off at home the second time my daughter was in the car with us...your a scumbag frank...ohh ya you can keep the fishing rod you or your goofy son stole out of my trunk you losers...now my car is smoking and leaking coolant and oil....and that never happened before....only when i left his house that last time and drove a 1/4 mile to the gas station..frank dota jr your a perfect package have a good life..beware of this man...
I used Frank in 2012. he said his brother was the GM for Audi Manchester and that he is a Audi certified mechanic. He took me for $2100 for fixing my timing belt, gasket, etc.
Had to bring my A6 to a dealer and they said the work was never done that he claimed.

When I confronted him that had serious concerns with his work as the car was not running correctly he said his other brother was a state trooper. I laughed and tried getting him served with papers for a small claims action. He disappeared to California. Is he back? Would like to go after him and stop him from hurting other people.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=GermanAudiBOS;24588568]I used Frank in 2012. he said his brother was the GM for Audi Manchester and that he is a Audi certified mechanic. He took me for $2100 for fixing my timing belt, gasket, etc.
Had to bring my A6 to a dealer and they said the work was never done that he claimed.

When I confronted him that had serious concerns with his work as the car was not running correctly he said his other brother was a state trooper. I laughed and tried getting him served with papers for a small claims action. He disappeared to California. Is he back? Would like to go after him and stop him from hurting other people.[/QUOTE
Frank is a pathetic person.he got pulled over going to a bruins game and got popped with a bag of cocaine..too,, thats why he screws people over hes a freakin junkie.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GermanAudiBOS
I used Frank in 2012. he said his brother was the GM for Audi Manchester and that he is a Audi certified mechanic. He took me for $2100 for fixing my timing belt, gasket, etc.

When I confronted him that had serious concerns with his work as the car was not running correctly he said his other brother was a state trooper. I laughed and tried getting him served with papers for a small claims action. He disappeared to California. Is he back? Would like to go after him and stop him from hurting other people.
Yes, he is back. I had a run in with this man yesterday when he ran a red light and nearly killed me. Came storming up to me violently screaming claiming I blew the light. Turns out his license is revoked and his car was registered to his son. Still listed at the same address. ****ing *******.