S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

headlights on canadian S4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-1999, 06:04 PM
Dennis

Default headlights on canadian S4

Anyone notice that the Canadian brochure shows the foglights integrated in the headlight unit, like the old A4's instead of in the lower grille like the new A4's. I don't understand why they would make 2 different versions, one for the US and one for Canada. I really like the look of the new foglights, especially since they are used as the DRL's.
Old 08-27-1999, 06:38 PM
JFR

The brochure is probably wrong.
Old 08-27-1999, 06:42 PM
JF Rainville

Default Re: The brochure is probably wrong.

As you know there is a lot of mistake in the brochure. I beleive it will be exactly the same as in the US. I don't see why the 99 A4 would have it and not the S4. it does not make sense.

JFR

S4 00' at Halifax port
Old 08-27-1999, 06:55 PM
Dennis

Default Re: The brochure is probably wrong.

That's what I'm hoping, but if you look at the pics in the brochure, there are no foglights. Since we don't get the xenons, I think the brochure may be correct.
Old 08-27-1999, 07:40 PM
JF Rainville

Default Re: Xenon

Where did you ear that we don't get the xenon light????
Old 08-27-1999, 08:05 PM
Dennis

Default Re: Xenon

It was discussed before on the A4 forum. If you look in our brochure, there is no mention of xenons.
Old 08-28-1999, 05:29 AM
JFR

Default Brochure & Xenon

Dennis,
These picture dates back in February 99, keep in mind that originaly the S4 was to be introduce in April 99 and that was pospone to fall to be a Y2K car.
A lots of change as been done to the car they were supose to intro last spring.I have been to North Americain intro in New York back in April and it did had Foglight separate from the beam.
I also have a poster from AudiUSA showing the picture.Since the S4 is imported by AudiUSA for the Canadain market I don't see why it would be different unless our ministery of transport those not accept Xenon Light, witch I dought.Or they other reason would be because of our winter, salt, rocks, sand, etc. Note also on the back of the brochure were it says that " to be correct at the time of printing". So be optimistic, you will probably get a surprise anyway.

JFR
S4 00" maniac at the Halifax port.
Old 08-28-1999, 05:31 AM
JFR

Dennis, Do you have an S4 on order??
Old 08-28-1999, 10:03 AM
Dennis

Thanks for the info. I have a Nogaro blue ordered.
Old 08-28-1999, 04:25 PM
Scott D.

Ta-Da!!! Nogaro spelled correctly!! Someone tell Steve S.

Quick Reply: headlights on canadian S4