S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

how do i hook up infinity basslink

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i hook up infinity basslink

how do i hook up an infinity basslink in my 2000 s4 b5 that has the bose system? is there a diy out there? I have searched but really cant find anything definative- thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats the brand name of thier all-in-one amp and sub combo??

I would say use the line level inputs (if it has them) and tap into the rear deck drivers.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by complacentsee
Thats the brand name of thier all-in-one amp and sub combo??

I would say use the line level inputs (if it has them) and tap into the rear deck drivers.
yeah its their all in one- i am not looking for huge bass, just a little hitting...

and by tapping into rear deck drivers are you meaning just run wires off the 6.5 speakers that are in the deck to the line in of the infinity basslink?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

i found this diagram for the basslink- so can i just splice into any speaker of do i have to splice all 4 speakers? and is there any advantage to splicing a rca from the factory bose amp to this basslink or will splicing from speaker be just as fine? thanks
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, the sound quailty might drop a bit by doing it this way. But, the bost amp does some built in signal processing so tapping off the 5 wire low level signal comming from the factory deck usually has poor results anyway.

But if you really want to, the amp is located in the drivers side of the trunk compartment behind the liner. There is a turn on wire, 12V when radio is on, and a 5 wire low level signal. 4 wires are the signal, Front Left, Right, Rear Left, Right, with a common signal ground.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You wouldn't have to tap into all 4 for a line level install, but you could. Since the amp is located right there, you could tap into 4 of the 6 speaker signals. But most of the bass is directed to the 2 rear deck drivers. Then probabaly the rear door speakers. IIRC the fronts are 3.5" or 4.25", the rear door speakers are 5.25" and the rear deck is 6.5".
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, the sound quailty might drop a bit by doing it this way. But, the bost amp does some built in signal processing so tapping off the 5 wire low level signal comming from the factory deck usually has poor results anyway.

But if you really want to, the amp is located in the drivers side of the trunk compartment behind the liner. There is a turn on wire, 12V when radio is on, and a 5 wire low level signal. 4 wires are the signal, Front Left, Right, Rear Left, Right, with a common signal ground.
so i guess it is not any different tapping right off the 6.5 deck speaker wire versus getting it at the amp? But i guess i have to get at the amp anyways to get the remote wire... is there a easy place to get through the firewall? I have heard horror stories of that and spent all weekend sealing my pollen filter assembly as its been leaking rain water into my passenger side floorbooard os i dont want to mess with it as its gots about at pound of silicon around it now lol
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I ran mine into my ECU box. Just make sure you seal it in some way/shape/form. Under the ECU box there should be a nice big hole to run though. Just make sure the cord doesn't rub up on the steering column U-joint and short out.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ran mine into my ECU box. Just make sure you seal it in some way/shape/form. Under the ECU box there should be a nice big hole to run though. Just make sure the cord doesn't rub up on the steering column U-joint and short out.
can i go around the ecu? I would rather not open it up and risk water getting in there
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

There are alot of places that could work fine. It only needs a 25A fuse. There might be a spare location in the fuse box that could accomidate that. Not sure.

If your using the line(speaker) inputs. You don't need the remote wire. According to the manual for the Basslink.

Quick Reply: how do i hook up infinity basslink