S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ICELINK question....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for that to happen,

you'll have to double pay, and get a credit when you send yours back.

Good Luck! (Chase's extension is 112 but he rarely answers on the first try, best to press 2 for tech support) p.s. they are on west coast.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

figured that much...
Old 11-22-2004, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default well i got the parts.. but i had to buy a new one

they wouldn't exchange it because i had it sitting around too long =(

so if anyone needs a full icelink kit with brand new cradle let me know.. 50% off!!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default densionusa.com website says icelink plus works with our cars (track info on display)

anyone know? lou?

i'm about to call because tom said he'd upgrade me when it came out. i had asked about it during the group buy.

i never even ended up installing mine as i've had other priorities...

i'm gonna call now
Old 11-23-2004, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default show me what info you are referring to.

I am positive that track info is not available to translate from the ipod to the headunit.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok, i got the info on the new version.

And i'm a little ticked off. Basically i've been getting strung around, and the tech is holding information back from me instead of trying to help me.

He had stalled for quite a while, then claimed they forgot to program the 1.2 for mute, and now when I called him on it, he tells me sure they can get me a ver2.0. He says they didnt know they would be out so soon, but still he knew they were in development, and I would have enjoyed knowing that a new version is coming out. Basicaly after all the hard time/work that went into getting the icelink to work in my car, he was gonna let me be happy with ver1.2 and then find out 2.0 came out for $40.00 more.

Anyway. I talked to him, and I will be getting a 2.0 (the newest version with all the new features) probably sometime next week. The new version has the ability to thro id3tags and menu information to the headunit, but Audi head units don't have the ability to display it, so you won't be able to take advantage of it.

The unit will work in the new way (allowing manipulation of which playlist you are listening to or choosing an artist etc etc) but you will have to look at the ipod to see what you are really doing. Another mode that is available is 1.2 mode, so you can go back to the menuless function that the 1.1 and 1.2 have. It's a best of both worlds situation. Let's hope they actually fix my problem with the unit and we can all be happy.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hmmm... tom told me at the time of the group buy that they had the stuff working in a b5 audi.

ie: track listings. but maybe he's mistaken? the website implies that track info display on the head unit is working...

are they upgrading you for a nominal fee?
that's what tom indicated they would do for me. but it's unclear if i have to send everything back or just the icelink part??
that would be nice as i'm supposed to finally install mine this weekend?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i doubt it i had to buy a complete new kit to go from V1.1 to V1.2 so be carefull

nice product but i will not be recomending them to anyone until they get the final version together or come up with a better way to upgrade as they bring incomplete products to the market.... yes i like it but if i were doing it all over again i would have gone another route
Old 11-23-2004, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default they have yet to bring a finished product to market.

To my knowledge no information makes it into the audi head unit, i was on the phone with chase today and he confirmed this.

He said they are tryign to get info into the nav+ but i know this is not possible.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default wtf, i'll call, but the website says specifically icelink *PLUS* for cars without MMI

the PLUS is the track listing info AFAIK.

<a href="http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=IA_AUDI">se e here</a>

i'm unclear on what version it is... 2.0?

Quick Reply: ICELINK question....