S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

It's official - Audi is lame!

Old 08-30-1999, 11:41 AM
loreon

Default It's official - Audi is lame!

Just got off the phone with my dealer and was told:

a) Canadian S4 cars will not have xenon lights (I know that's been repeated on and off but this is the latest info he has as of last week's update from Audi)
b) Canadian S4 cars will have the front grill and dam like the 99 (not 99.5) A4's. The reason being, there will be no room for xenons due to the extra oil cooler, etc.... (this makes no sense because the US and Euro cars seem to have found space for all that stuff)
c) If you want the grey(silver) leather then you are going to have to live with black doors and grey inserts which match the solid silver seats. (Nothing says shortcut to me more than this patchwork afterthought - for approx 58K Cdn I expect at least a colour matched interior)

I don't know who suggested that the price and release will be at start of september for these cars. I am not entirely disappointed about the additional one month delay (October now, according to dealer). But when you see delay after delay, you hope that when the product eventually arrives, the car will be as close to perfect as possible. It's sounding less and less perfect to me as time passes....

Perhaps I ought to feel greatful to Audi. I just may postpone my new car purchase till spring and opt for a car produced by a company that actually wants my business....

Hey Audi! - Can you say M3?!!!

I'm so tired of their horse$&#%!
Old 08-30-1999, 12:51 PM
Scott W

Default You think BMW wants your business!?!?! Go to one of their dealerships....(more)

and their salespeople will show you that they don't want your business. I won't re-tell my story, but the long & short of it was that I went to two different Toronto area BMW dealers (Town & Country, and Autohaus (in Markham) to BUY an M3 (1999), They did everything short of tell me to **** off. Ignored & then blown off. I wouldn't give them a dime of my money now. (Unless that 320hp M3 comes here as a quattro!) That's how I came to order an S4.
Old 08-30-1999, 01:28 PM
loreon

Default You've got 'em all wrong....

...they were just playing hard to get!

;o)