S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Just got back home after a day at the races.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-1999, 06:07 PM
Kean

Default Just got back home after a day at the races.

Hello all. I haven't been to this board in a while. I'm hoping that you guys can accept me now. Please

Anyway, I got back from the Monterey Historics about 20 minutes ago, and WOW! That yellow S4 is awesome! This car looks 10 times better in person! The feel of the silver Alcantara interior was great! Well, everything about the interior was great... really really really great! I love the 17" Avus design wheels! I think 17" is the perfect size for both the A4 and the S4. I took some pictures, but I wasn't able to take my digital camera... I guess that doesn't matter anyhoo now since so many pictures are already posted.

Well, that's it. If you have any questions, I might be able to answewr them, but I know nothing about engines and stuff like that. Also tell me if you're ok with me being back, I really love the A4 and S4... and I love to talk, and ask questions, about them.
Old 08-28-1999, 06:41 PM
Noel Louthan

Default Have to agree. Yellow w/Silver Alcantara is awesome.

nt
Old 08-28-1999, 07:10 PM
Another Drew

Were the seats as white as it is in the pictures? I thought it would be more grayish. Thanks.
Old 08-28-1999, 07:53 PM
Kean

Default Seats

No, they weren't white at all. They were a greyish silver. More silver than anything. Maybe somebody else has an opinion? I personally didn't see any white though. Also, the aluminum trim had dimples (I guess that's what they'd be called)... I thought it would be smooth(just letting ya know).
Old 08-28-1999, 08:50 PM
Sandy Sandhaus

Default Alcantara

What the heck is "Alcantara" anyway? (A kind of leather? A kind of fabric?) Just wondering.
Old 08-28-1999, 09:03 PM
Noel

Default Re: Seats and trim

I thought the seats were silver. The problem with the pictures is the car was under a tent, so the flash whitened it. I ordered a Santorin Blue with the solid silver leather, but I think the Alcantara silver is sweet.

With regards to the aluminum trim. I saw it and "tapped" it and I would swear that it was plastic and not metal.

Noel
Old 08-28-1999, 09:04 PM
Noel

Default I forgot to add that the Alcantara is super grippy.

nt
Old 08-28-1999, 09:05 PM
Noel

Default It's a synthetic suede. High quality, supposed to be easy to clean.

nt
Old 08-28-1999, 10:45 PM
robfox

Is it really synthetic, as in NOT cowhide? Thanks...
Old 08-29-1999, 02:55 AM
Vijay

Default Re: Is it really synthetic, as in NOT cowhide? Thanks...

Good thing it is synthetic. Real suede would probably be destroyed after about 3 years of people's big old butts rubbing on it. I have ordered Alcantara, but I am a little concerned about the long-term durability. By the way, "Alcantara" is not in Webster's Dictionary.

Quick Reply: Just got back home after a day at the races.