S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

From the looks of it, I'd say it was a "volital market" day on the 'ole S4...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-1999, 06:06 PM
mpm

Default From the looks of it, I'd say it was a "volital market" day on the 'ole S4...

forum. Kinda' makes me glad I was unable to check in during normal working hours...

Actual pricing - yeah, reports of more delays - booo. Canadian neighbors get zynons - and loreon is naming his car after Jon Shafer, no offical lauch date - boo. 2.7t A6 priced competitively - hmmm, AoA sales support - over run. Matt D. actually gets behind the wheel of an S4(with Hurley Haywood as navigator...so there is rewards to all your hard work) - you hot dog, no one has actually been delivered a car...

My bet, it's going to happen real soon now. Those cars sitting in Houston & Boston will be delivered by the 15th, and del will be the first report we get from an owner. What will tomorrow bring?
Old 08-30-1999, 06:12 PM
JFR

Thanks!! MPM , I like you way of seeing things.
Old 08-30-1999, 06:39 PM
mpm

Default We've all been at this for the better part of this year. A couple of more weeks...

or even another month (or so for me), and we will all forget this delay.

It just seems like we need to start focusing on post delivery issues, like: track events, driver feedback, to modify or not to modify - that is the (warentee) question, change the stealthy appearence with a rear wing (no, not that type a wing - a subtle spoiler), mainance, repair, and intended acceleration...

What I find most humorous is that the 30 or 40 of us, who have deposits in, are probably the only people in North America this fixated on this car - other than all the friends and family members we have driven insane at this point 8^J

The cars are in port, or near. We have pricing. Remain calm...(think Kevin Bacon in Animal House)

Keep the faith...
Old 08-30-1999, 06:59 PM
JFR

Default Re: We've all been at this for the better part of this year. A couple of more weeks...

You've made a point!
I think I'm driving my wife nuts about this car.

I'm a race cars fanatic(Formula One, Indy, drag, and more). Cannot miss a race.

It's in the blood, it's probably in the oil.
I was so "pissed off" this morning, now you've made my day, I when into low gear.

Thanks again!

JFR
S4 00" French Canadain.
Old 08-30-1999, 07:19 PM
mpm

Remind me when I start to wig out...
Old 08-30-1999, 08:29 PM
del

Kevin Bacon was in Animal house? Don't remember that, but he pops up everywhere.
Old 08-31-1999, 04:49 AM
Scott W

Sorry about this....it's Canadian! ;-) I couldn't resist!
Old 08-31-1999, 07:00 AM
loreon

Default Of course you know, I blame you...

...I'm switching my order to silver on onyx for two reasons:

a) because you said the silver is going to rub off and leave a dirty matted grey

and

2) because the silver colour is only applicable to seats. the door panels will remain black with those silly oblong inserts to match the seat colours.

Well, given the choice of no xenons, no in-dash CD and no fully grey-silver interior, the latter is the lesser of the three evils.

Glad to hear you are going to have your cake and eat it too. Does your wife know about the fact that she'll be seeing the 87.5 back again? Damn, that's some collection you'll have.

Let me ask you one last thing.... Can you use the word "teutonic" in a sentence that does not involve aluminum trim and how it affects the design look of the S4? Bet you can't.

Sorry, couldn't resist.... I've never found a use for that particular work myself but I'm impressed that someone I know can use it in context...... ;o)
Old 08-31-1999, 03:44 PM
mpm

Default So, how's S4hafer feeling today? I must say, it's not a very teutonic liscense plate...

considering you have seen the light, and elected the signature silver/onyx color scheme. I hope you'll end up thanking me (black leather holds up much better) - and it's in keeping with the teutonic origins of your new daily driver 8^J How 'em I doing?

How 'bout the coupe? What a guy, and the 944 turbo race team - I'm not holding my breath, but the thought of it is intregueing. Yes, the dear bride knows, and is okay because the bartering arrangement will help build the new bathroom.

Check this out, heard from my dealer late today...my cars has been built, but no VIN? And, they added the CD changer and the NAV, hmmm another $1700 I didn't plan on spending. Oh yeah, I have the option to pass on the car...real nice of them. Actually, what the hell I've waited this long.

The NAV could be cool, and with my luck, I'd go buy an aftermarket changer and fry the Bose stereo. All in with taxes and destination charge $45,000. (Mass taxes are $2600 destination $525)
Old 08-31-1999, 04:05 PM
mpm

"Thank you sir, can I have another..."

Quick Reply: From the looks of it, I'd say it was a "volital market" day on the 'ole S4...