S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Matt / Jason - Can you guys confirm/deny this new S4 delay report?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-1999, 10:24 AM
CraigL

Default Matt / Jason - Can you guys confirm/deny this new S4 delay report?

I really, really hope that it's not true. This is becoming more frustrating by the day..

We, the consumers can protest with our wallets, but in the end, AoA has us by the nuts. If we DON'T buy the S4, we're missing out on one hell of an automobile.

The saga continues..

-Craig
'96 A4 12v
'00 S4 (who the hell knows)
Old 08-30-1999, 10:53 AM
Tired of S4 BS

Default Is Audi Worth It?

You guys are all going to buy an S4 regardless of the wait. Yeah, you'll be pissed, you might give your dealer a hard time, you might even write AoA and complain, but in the end Audi will still get your money.

So...if Audi does continue to screw around with the S4 release, I'd suggest that rather than threaten them with something they know won't happen, you just stop recommending Audi to friends and family. Tell them something along the lines of, "Sure the A4 is a good car, but Audi of America and their service really suck. I'd go with a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord if you're just in the market for a 4 door sedan."

I've actually already started telling people this just based on all the horrible dealer feedback I've seen here on A4.org. It might be worth it to put up with this crap for an S4 or other "exotic" car like the TT, but not for an A4. There are too many excellent sedans from companies that will bend over backwards to get your business for me to suggest Audi to someone who doesn't care about the brand.

What really bothers me is the A4.org would be an ideal place for Audi to address issues such as this. I'm always reading about bad customer service, bad warranty service, or just general complaints, yet we never hear a peep from them.

If they don't want to help us, why help them?
Old 08-31-1999, 06:24 AM
Friend -O- Audi

Default Re: Is Audi Worth It? YES!

Have you ever thought that Audi is a little too busy to deal with a handful of people complaining about how their car can't be a little faster? They have better things to deal with...such as getting the S4 here as soon as possible. You think they want delays? No! They want to get it right. As for the dealerships, that's not Audi's fault - they of all people wish that their dealerships would be better! They _want_ to sell cars!
Old 09-02-1999, 03:02 PM
qt4lddht

Default Since when do Honda/Toyota have great service?

Having owned several examples of each of these brands over the last 15 years, I have to say that the worst customer service (before AND after the sale) has been from Toyota dealers. Honda was much better after the sale, but just as bad or worse before it (they acted like it was my privilege to be allowed to pay them $3000 over MSRP and they might just blow me off).

BMW and Audi (my last four cars) dealers are FAR superior before the sale, and only slightly worse than Honda after the sale.

My 0.02

-- David F.
1.8TqMS
'87 325is