S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

New to me S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me S4

I have been a Jeep guy, but recently found a 2000 S4, that needs work, but at a price I could not pass up. I have a very little Audi experience just helping a buddy replace the head, and t-belt on his 2000 1.8t A4.

This S4 is going to be my project, but drove it home 30 mins and it seems to run and drive pretty good. Pics will be coming soon!

As of right now its throwing 4 codes, P1114, P1116, P0140 all of which relate to Bank 1 Sensor 2 02 Sensor, and P1606 which comes up from VAG-COM as Rough Road something.. The PO just put new pads and rotors all around, but he said the front pads did not have the sensors, causing the brake light to flash, could this be what is causing the P1606? I will probably just bypass the sensors like I have seen in a few posts.

Other items to address, seems to have a misfire/stubble upon acceleration, starting with swapping in some NGK 4644's tomorrow.

The driver's side front was making a little noise, pulled the rim and found a broken spring, never heard of this issue until the Audi, but looks to be a common issue. Any suggestions for a new set of front springs?

It has some other little issues like the drivers window clips, and driver side mirror glass, but that's no big deal. Anyways I look forward to learning a lot, as this S4 is much more complex from the Jeeps I am use to!