S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

New member in the Audi World

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in the Audi World

Hello All,

I've been researching the B5 S4 for about a year now, and picked up an 01.5 about a week ago. So far, I've been extremely happy with my purchase:

01.5, 6spd, 85000 miles, brilliant black, MTM chip

The previous owners kept all maintenance records, and aside from a broken rear window regulator and small crack in the front bumper, the car is in great condition.

On to the mods... I plan on going big ($$$). Not disclosing the full build because it is still a long way off (meaning things will change) but I'm hoping to build the perfect Colorado sedan. However, because the car is running well now, I plan on just driving it and enjoying it for the time being. Starting off with the VAST/ARD bi-pipes, Samco TBB, Bailey Motorsport DVs and the JHM shifter. (Good starting point?)

I do have a couple questions though... is there anything or any advice some of you can give me to keep these K03 turbos alive? I'll be going RS6/K04 at some point, but I'd like that to be a long way off. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as I have the chance.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BRSFour
Hello All,

I've been researching the B5 S4 for about a year now, and picked up an 01.5 about a week ago. So far, I've been extremely happy with my purchase:

01.5, 6spd, 85000 miles, brilliant black, MTM chip

The previous owners kept all maintenance records, and aside from a broken rear window regulator and small crack in the front bumper, the car is in great condition.

On to the mods... I plan on going big ($$$). Not disclosing the full build because it is still a long way off (meaning things will change) but I'm hoping to build the perfect Colorado sedan. However, because the car is running well now, I plan on just driving it and enjoying it for the time being. Starting off with the VAST/ARD bi-pipes, Samco TBB, Bailey Motorsport DVs and the JHM shifter. (Good starting point?)

I do have a couple questions though... is there anything or any advice some of you can give me to keep these K03 turbos alive? I'll be going RS6/K04 at some point, but I'd like that to be a long way off. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as I have the chance.
Welcome.

The most important thing you can do is stay off of the boost but aside from that: let the turbos warm up before you drive it, let them cool down with the engine running afterward. Change your oil regularly and use a synthetic 0w-40 or 5w-30 from Mobil 1.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Check for boost leaks regularly. Congrats and enjoy the car!