S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

No boost at all..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No boost at all..

Just got a 2001 s4 with 170k miles. Love the car but it has its issues. Im not getting any boost at all. The car runs great but is very slow. The boost guage i have shows vacumm like normal and when i step on the gas it shows 0.00 bars of boost and wont go any higher.. i checked for leaks as best i could without putting pressure into the system(i know i need to do a pressure test).. my going to pull the downpipes hopefully this weekend and see if i find any issues with the. turbos or wastegate. The dash doesnt show and check engine lights currently
Old 07-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been having similar problems this week. I have yet to run logs on my boost to see what exactly is going on.

Did you have any luck tracking down your problem? I'm going to do a boost leak test on mine, under pressure.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SnyperBob
I've been having similar problems this week. I have yet to run logs on my boost to see what exactly is going on.

Did you have any luck tracking down your problem? I'm going to do a boost leak test on mine, under pressure.
Im pretty sure my driverside turbo is toast.. i pulled my tbb off and had my girl turn the car on and rev it up alittle while i had my hands over the boost tubes.. passenger side felt good, driverside felt good for a few seconds at start up, then it slowed down and pretty much stoped blowing..
Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have yet to test mine out, but have you seen this thread?

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...-hose-2795328/

I get a whooshing sound on my driver's side under boost. No power, the engine stutters, etc....
I have a boost pressure test kit coming, and will have time to investigate soon.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What error codes are you seeing in VAG?
Old 07-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What error codes are you seeing in VAG?
I dont own a vag tester yet unfortunatly. The code i show with a standard tester is P0421
Old 07-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4BMan
I dont own a vag tester yet unfortunatly. The code i show with a standard tester is P0421
My code is "warmup cat efficiency below threshold bank 1". I been told its caused by a bad o2 sensor or bad catalytic converter. Im almost positive that my code is not related to my boost problem
Old 07-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok, sounds like a different problem than what I'm experiencing. I thought I had a boost leak problem, but I think it may actually be misfiring.

My car is Stage 1, running about 16 psi. I'm going to finally have time to work on it this entire weekend. I'll be installing my 2.5" downpipes, swapping out the spark plugs, fixing some leaks.

Yesterday I had a flashing CEL. I hooked my generic OBD reader and used my phone to scan for codes. It had a PO300. Random/multiple misfires. I cleared the codes with my phone. I didn't even think to scan with VAG before clearing the code. Checked last night with VAG and nothing stored in it.

I'm starting with plugs, then replacing the coils if there's still a problem. My boost leak tester came yesterday, I'll also check for leaks before I pull it all apart for other maintenance/repairs....
Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok, sounds like a different problem than what I'm experiencing. I thought I had a boost leak problem, but I think it may actually be misfiring.

My car is Stage 1, running about 16 psi. I'm going to finally have time to work on it this entire weekend. I'll be installing my 2.5" downpipes, swapping out the spark plugs, fixing some leaks.

Yesterday I had a flashing CEL. I hooked my generic OBD reader and used my phone to scan for codes. It had a PO300. Random/multiple misfires. I cleared the codes with my phone. I didn't even think to scan with VAG before clearing the code. Checked last night with VAG and nothing stored in it.

I'm starting with plugs, then replacing the coils if there's still a problem. My boost leak tester came yesterday, I'll also check for leaks before I pull it all apart for other maintenance/repairs....

Sounds like ur on the right track.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Howd it go? Ive been lazy and ordered a new set of k04 turbos lol

Quick Reply: No boost at all..