S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Ok....what S4 forum visitor is gonna get their S4 first (and post evidence of delivery) ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-1999, 08:32 PM
Steve S.

Default Ok....what S4 forum visitor is gonna get their S4 first (and post evidence of delivery) ???

Its gotta be someone in Houston.....less likely a Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio resident. Maybe Boston? I won't get mine for several months... :-(

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
Old 09-11-1999, 08:51 PM
Scot McKay

Default LOL...I'm glad you asked

Here is what I heard today from the dealer...

Apparently, those who ordered cars---actually placed an order--WILL NOT be getting their cars first. The ones sitting in Houston right now (last we heard) are actually the initial dealer allocation cars. That is, anyone who simply signed up for a car (the car, in some cases) that the dealer was getting as part of the initial delivery will be receiving their cars a couple of weeks in advance of those who have been on order for months--i.e as soon as Wednesday.

This appears to explain the dichotomy between posters who have been told "early Oct." for initial *orders*, while others are maintaining that their cars are supposed to be in this coming week.

Yes, I lucked into the initial allocation car (Exact color combo as I would have ordered it!!!), and I do live in the Region of TX you mentioned. If I get it on Wed., I will most certainly let everyone know. It would be very cool to deliver the news to the whole forum!!! Nonetheless, from the pix, there are A LOT of cars sitting in Houston, so what are the odds?

BTW, no, I don't get Nav! That's the payback!!!

As you all know, however, the first A4 in TX was apparently the Imola AoA car in Dallas.
Old 09-11-1999, 09:00 PM
Scot McKay

Default IDEA!

Let's have an official "sweepstakes"!

Here's what I propose:

Whoever is the first official recipient of an S4 on this forum wins. Since victory is it's own reward, here, he or she has to buy the second posted car's owner a Macanudo cigar and FedEx it to him.

Which should be the deciding parameter?

1) Day:Hour:Minute of call from dealer?
2) Day:Hour:Minute of Title Application signed?
3) Day:Hour:Minute of Drive Away?

I vote for call from dealer. That eliminates differences in drive time and/or complications caused by work commitments. I wouldn't want anyone to get penalized for drilling down on financial options before leaving and/or settling for less than a stellar detailing/overview before driving away!

I can snapshot my Caller ID if we go dealer call, but I prefer to think we're all class-individuals here. If I'm first, I'm good for the cigar--it may even have "it's a girl" written on it!

Please tell me you like this idea--we need some fun around here.
Old 09-11-1999, 09:05 PM
Steve S.

Default The AoA training facilities all got theirs several weeks ago

I saw, drove about 100 yards, and then got a ride in an Imola S4 that is currently sitting in the AoA training facility. This was the first known one in Northern California (SoCal doesn't count since the AoA design facility is down there..and they always get stuff to pay with)

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
Old 09-11-1999, 09:12 PM
Scot McKay

No--AoA cars don't count...
Old 09-11-1999, 09:53 PM
Scott G

Default Re: I live smack in the middle of the country, Kansas to be exact. I don't have a chance to win.

nt
Old 09-12-1999, 12:33 AM
del

Default I am not betting on myself. Car will be in Santa Barbara.

Mine is one of the original allocation cars, #2 at Cutter to be exact. I had the Bose deleted from the car they ordered.
Old 09-12-1999, 05:38 AM
AvramD

Default I say the winner is the first w/ an S4 in his/her driveway!

With his/her own name on the registration!

This may factor in "irrelevant" details like work schedule, etc... But, I'll say this - I'll be more jealous of the guy who gets to walk out the next morning and drive it to work than of the guy who hasn't picked it up yet!

Anyway, it won't be me, not by a long shot! I'll be lucky if I get to put Vampire Teeth on my S4's grill this Halloween 8-)
Old 09-12-1999, 10:02 AM
Scot McKay

Default Sounds fair to me...

...Maybe there should be TWO cigars, one from the guy who actually gets his first, and one for the guy who gets the first car delivered to the dealers.
Old 09-12-1999, 10:40 AM
KLHI

Default I'm not too sure about the cigar :-)

nt

Quick Reply: Ok....what S4 forum visitor is gonna get their S4 first (and post evidence of delivery) ???