I think I just made a stupidest mistake... I accidentally cut the signal wire and the insulation together when I installed... Is there anyway I can fix this without replacing the entire MAF wireharness?
Also what is happening with cluster not being recognized by ECU?
With the razor, carefully slice the black harness insulation up and
away from the connector. Be very careful to only cut this outer insulation,
and not the wires themselves.
With the wire cutters, cut the wires at the connector, as shown in Figure
3. Cut as close as you can to the connector. Slide off the Bosch
sensor rubber boot and slide on the new Hitachi sensor rubber boot."
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I think recoding to zero would be what you'd do if you were going to use a Bosch MAF. 1027 looks to be the value for a Hitachi L-Box.
Perhaps the wiring was not done correctly for the Hitachi MAF. The fact that it ran poorly with the MAF connected and then ok with it disconnected is a pretty sure sign you have a MAF issue. Either wiring, recoding, installation, or bad unit.
I'd first recheck how you wired it up. Then log blk 003 to see what the g/s values are at idle. I think it should be between 5-7 g/s (that's a guess from memory, Bentley manual will have the actual range).
Check this doc for help with the MAF wiring: