S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

POLL : what tuner CREW you think would stay untill 12AM to finish an S4 to make a customer HAPPY ?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you feel that liability falls on someone else because you did not have the proper coverage...

on your car is one thing, but for you too passively accuse ASP of conspiring on the theft of your car is totally unfounded based on the the simple facts of the situation... other than emotional speculation. I would love to know one ounce of evidence substantiating such an accusation. It's sad...I heard how happy you were with them and your car before this happened, and because of this extremely unfortunate incident, your dissappointment for your loss has lead you to this point.
ASP is hands down the best place I have been with my car and I consider all of them to be my friends after the great experience I have had with them.
An example...I had a friend who bought a new car from a dealership in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and during one of the service visits, someone stole the car off the lot. Over a week later they located the car with a decent amount of damage. It was his(owners) insurance coverage that covered the damages and not the dealerships because there wasn't any negligence involved on their part. The dealership did perform a full inspection and tune up for the car as a token of good faith for the situation.
I really feel for your situation especially since it very well could have been my car, but I TRUST ASP WITH MY CAR 100% and have for an entire year. They have the proper legal insurance coverage (trust me, I asked after this happened) to operate that type of business in New Jersey, but unfortunately did not have an extra policy to pick up where yours fell short. The situation just plain sucks! The real problem is all the low lifes in New Jersey that steal the cars, but after living there for any amount of time, one would think that security systems and proper insurance coverage would be a priority when owning one of the most stolen vehicles.
As far as the lack of comments on this topic, I am sure these sort of situations happen far more times then we can imagine and it always is a lose/lose for everyone involved. If there is any mention of legal consideration, any business would choose to remain silent (at the sacrifice of a small portion of their reputation with this sort of public bashing) to not disclose their facts and defense.
On that note...sorry for the loss of your car and I am completely done with this silly thread.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Well my friend's car was stolen from a dealership lot, and his insurance just paid him out without

suing anybody.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i think you're putting words in his mouth.......

i don't see "these theifs are definately audi techs somewhere in the area trolling this forum" as accusing ASP of conspiring on the theft.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Banned

Read the last line once again in response to the previous post. It was insinuating.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i am not insinuating that asp stole my car

i am saying that having 2 cars taken after getting work done at ASP in a short period of time is fishy in that someone is definately scoping out that shop... they should definately have more security imho, you can take my posts and twist them in whatever way you wish but do not put words in my mouth
with all the talk of your further insurance coverage where can you obtain this... i have talked to many providers with no luck as to extra coverage mod wise
thanks for your help
Old 08-04-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoa... i wasnt saying mark was in on it... just that i understand why he hasnt commented online
Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't take it that way, either.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well I've been away from AW for a while and I had to relapse...

When I said ASP I new that's what you were going to say.

I have only been to AWE and keep going back because of the customer service, quality of work, and I live right around the corner.

Never been to ASP, but I might have to try it in the near future.

This thread got so EMO.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Varies by state law and ones ability to assign fault.