S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-1999, 11:01 AM
X

Default This is a combination of a number of my previous posts... (Cancelled S4 order) and you might enjoy.

Canceled my S4 order. This waiting for possible delivery dates bullshi* is nuts. What is worse is the lack of pricing. I might as well wait till next spring. I mean why the hell do I want to take delivery for a brand new car in fall? So I can get hit by some dumb driver in the snow? I don’t think so. Then lets see about the 00' M3.

Sorry for jumping ship, but I don’t need this, like some other guy said, "from an average European car company".

I did order an S4. Took the spot of someone who dropped and now I know why they dropped. Granted I have not been waiting for the last 9 months as mentioned by someone here, more like 3. I never said patience was something I had...

As for the cash, well I have enough to afford (and justify) the low side of the speculated costs, those same costs that are being fed to us/you by sales. Sales is just that, out to sell cars (this is coming from someone in sales though not auto sales). Now I am not saying that sales is lying, but I don't doubt that they will stretch the pricing truth, make the car seem more attractive, get you on that list and let the chips fall where they may. I am not a big fan of that, and have seen it done time and time again. I just got the strong impression that this is what was happening. Positive press will do nothing for your bottom line cost on the car. If anything it will drive the cost up. Limited production you say? Great, now you are in a "supply and demand" situation.

Listen, I do not have statistical facts but I can take a good guess why this is a limited production car. Because Audi's US market share, marketing and sales forecasting skills lack something to be desired. I just hope for all of you that their pricing skills suffer at the same time and that they reward the AUDI faithful. Somehow I doubt there will be that reward though...
Old 08-30-1999, 11:08 AM
Vijay

Default Re: Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA

I don't know where they got there info, but they haven't given me any false info yet. they told me on 8/16 that the car would be in Boston on 8/20, which it was. They told me at that time that the car would be released for sale on Labor Day, and pricing info would only be available at that time. I spoke to the general manager today who told me that they have not been informed of anything different.
Old 08-30-1999, 11:11 AM
JFR

Ask you dealer to phone is Audi rep. in front of you.
Old 08-30-1999, 11:13 AM
Vijay

Default Re: Read This: Bad News S4 Delivery pospone confirm by Audi USA

P.S. It seems like all the reports about delayed release are coming from the west coast. Any possibility that east coast and west coast release dates are different?
Old 08-30-1999, 11:16 AM
JFR

Default Can you ask you dealer if he was at the AoA meeting last week.

That is why he probably don"t know yet.

Keep in mind I don't want to be mean here. I would love to get it ASAP.
But I was there when the Audi rep. told my dealer.
And he was at the Audi Meeting, Last week.

So, what can I say.
JFR
Old 08-30-1999, 11:18 AM
JFR

They said for all North America!!!
Old 08-30-1999, 11:23 AM
JFR

Default Re: Postponed? Don't get me wrong!

I used the word postponed because everybody tough it was after labor Day.
So you can take it as "they decided to release"

JFR
Old 08-30-1999, 01:11 PM
DCC

Errhh...today is august 30th...not august 31st...
Old 08-30-1999, 03:51 PM
Warren Wang

Default No sympathy from me

You know full well what you were getting into before you ordered. You're putting a deposit on a car that doesn't sell in the US yet. An expensive one at that. I don't know why so many people are crying over milk that hasn't even been spilled. If you don't want the car, give up the spot to someone else.

Warren
98 2.8QMS
00 S4 on order
Old 08-30-1999, 06:18 PM
mpm

ba Bye...