S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 = Best winter car hands down

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 = Best winter car hands down

Yo, our cars are champs in the snow. The combination of all wheel drive, traction control, and a good set of winter tires is UNSTOPPABLE. I just got back from shuttling some friends to the grocery store 'cause their cars couldn't handle it. There's over 18 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down here in south Jersey and my S4 just laughs at it. It's by far the best car I've ever owned and I'm damn proud of it. When it's dry I have 500hp to destroy Corvettes with and when there's a blizzard I have seemingly unlimited traction. Just thought I'd share.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It is a great car in the snow. Ground clearance not that great if snow is deep and heavy.

Bruce

Old 02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stinkpickle
Yo, our cars are champs in the snow. The combination of all wheel drive, traction control, and a good set of winter tires is UNSTOPPABLE. I just got back from shuttling some friends to the grocery store 'cause their cars couldn't handle it. There's over 18 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down here in south Jersey and my S4 just laughs at it. It's by far the best car I've ever owned and I'm damn proud of it. When it's dry I have 500hp to destroy Corvettes with and when there's a blizzard I have seemingly unlimited traction. Just thought I'd share.
Where did you find 500HP in an S4?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I used mine to run over and plow down my in-laws driveway because the snow was too deep for them to get out (I didn't have time to shovel the whole thing while I was over there). Even though the ground clearance is bad, it doesn't matter, the thing just kept plowing through it! Snow was coming over the hood and it still didn't hit of having trouble.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NYC_Drifter
Where did you find 500HP in an S4?
I found them with a pair of K04s.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dude how is it that u have one of my photos for your profile icon ?
and im sorry 2 say Im thinking the allroad is the best winter vehicle, love that I can just raise the car up and drive throu just about any thing
Old 02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rlzx
Dude how is it that u have one of my photos for your profile icon ?
and im sorry 2 say Im thinking the allroad is the best winter vehicle, love that I can just raise the car up and drive throu just about any thing
It's called the internet. Yeah you have a point. The ability to raise and lower your suspension gives you a definite edge.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Allroad vs S4

i have both an s4 and an allroad. they are both great, but id have to say the allroad is better in the snow. i dont know how the allroad never caught on, its a wagon/suv with air suspension... who wouldnt want that?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

agreed..i park my s4 in the winter but have an allroad too.. that thing is a BEAST with winter tires..
Old 02-08-2010, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

One of your photos....dude, I've seen this picture all over the place. If you took it then you are practically an anonymous internet legend.

S4 handles great in the snow - not as well when the slightest touch of the throttle starts putting down almost 400whp though. Also, clearance is terrible, especially with the low *** bilstien H&R combo. I went over a small pile of snow to get into my neighborhood off of the main road and managed to pull one of the exhaust sleeves off..

Quick Reply: S4 = Best winter car hands down