S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So my slave cylinder is leaking and my clutch pedal doesnt go all the way up. anyone deal with this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by massboykie
Hey 1sad

I just did my clutch master cylinder on the A6 and I had to bleed the system. The bleeder is on the slave cylinder. I tried for probably and hour to get to it from the bottom. Everything is by feel and none of my wrenches were short enough to actually turn the bleeder. I would say that doing it from the bottom would maybe be possible, but will probably take you a year. You have no room to move and I could only get one hand in on the passenger side and then over the tranny.

Anyway, that did not work so I ended up taking the Y-pipe off and the accordian hose etc. It was still a bitch to get to it, but at least you can kinda see what you are doing. I would say you should be able to get the bolts out from the top, but hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm. Like I said I only needed to get to the bleeder. I'm assuming the S has the same amount of clearance to the firewall though...

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Massboykie
Thanks for the help, I am going to try to tackle this today, does anyone else have some good advice? I want this to be as seamless as possible.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's probably the most annoying thing to do on the car. I just did mine and it involves a lot of cursing and anger.

What I did was take the tube from my bleeder catch bottle, connect it to the bleeder valve and then used that to guide my 9mm(i think) wrench into place. This alleviated most of the fumbling around. Once you get it loose you can turn it open and closed it by hand. Just need the wrench for final tightening.

I tried the gravity bleed way but I got annoyed with that as well and I used my pressure bleeder.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks everyone for the advice, we got it in but could not get the bolt that holds the bracket back in all of the way. Just a few more turns, but after multiple attempts, couldn't get it in. Is this going to be a problem?