S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So, yea....this happened.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, yea....this happened.

I've had this car for about 5 years and loved every second. One day I park it outside to make room in the garage and a friggen tree falls on it. Homeowner's won't cover it, nor will car insurance. So now I am left with a well maintained pile of metal, somewhat, in the shape of my S4.

I am thinking of trying to find a B5 with a blown timing belt and do the swap. Other than that it looks like a partout. Any other suggestions, or am I looking at my new lawn ornament?
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default :(

Originally Posted by eisman.s4
I've had this car for about 5 years and loved every second. One day I park it outside to make room in the garage and a friggen tree falls on it. Homeowner's won't cover it, nor will car insurance. So now I am left with a well maintained pile of metal, somewhat, in the shape of my S4.

I am thinking of trying to find a B5 with a blown timing belt and do the swap. Other than that it looks like a partout. Any other suggestions, or am I looking at my new lawn ornament?
Wow.. I'm sorry my friend. That's terrible, and even more so, neither company will cover ya.

When I saw your car, I saw mine...I have the Santorin Blue also.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eisman.s4

thats awful that no one will cover it. i hate insurance companies. if you part out im looking for a good deal on the trim pieces to try and paint
Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

That sucks....fortunately it could have been worse, nobody got hurt
Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted to cry when i saw your picture... sorry for your loss...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Was the tree alive or dead? Homeowners "should" cover it if it was alive.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hans j
might depend if they cover 'wind damage.' either way it might be a good idea to contact a lawyer
Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hans j
Laws vary by state but in TX homeowners ins will not cover damage to vehicles. Comprehensive on your auto policy covers that kind of stuff. If all you had was liability then I'm afraid yes your car is not covered.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by advancedautomotion
Laws vary by state but in TX homeowners ins will not cover damage to vehicles. Comprehensive on your auto policy covers that kind of stuff. If all you had was liability then I'm afraid yes your car is not covered.
Yep. My homeowners won't cover it, and i only had liability. I wonder what other vehicles would accept the 2.7.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I wish I was closer, I could use a front passenger door skin for my santorin. The engine/trans combo will fit any B5 A4/S4, C5 A6 and have even seen one in a B6 A4 and one stuffed in a Corrado and 034 put one in the back of a Mk4 golf.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So, yea....this happened.