S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

stupid 2.7t come back to me

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid 2.7t come back to me

I have had to do my timing belt twice because after i did it the first time, my cmp sensor was throwing a code and I figured I didn't time it right because I didn't use the timing tools, but now that i redid it using the timing tools, it's throwing another cmp code. However, I'm not sure if its the same one that it had after the first timing belt or not. The code is P1338: Camshaft Pos.Sensor, Bank1 Open Circ./Short to B+ (and yes I have tried clearing this code). While I did the timing belt I also replaced: An exhaust camshaft on passenger side, front crank seal, front crank flange gasket, new front crank flange, valve cover gaskets, cam chain tensioner gaskets, passenger side cam chain tensioner, cam seals, cam plugs, water pump, thermostat, after-run water pump, crank bolt, camshaft bolts, a better block off of the SAI than what was originally there, had my frame realigned because that was all screwy, put on the front crossmember/radiator reinforcement that wasn't even on there in the first place along with a snub mount, a new radiator support and I also did a K04 swap JUST before all of this stuff happened. NOW its running rough and crappy along with that code. I hear almost a tapping/clicking noise. and I believe it does it worse when its warmed up because sometimes I will start it and it will be alot smoother idle but sometimes not, so I'm really confused on that one. Also, I tried driving it real quick to see what would happen and my oil pressure light came on, and then I found an oil leak in the front that drips off of the oil pan and Im pretty sure its the upper oil pan gasket. but thats not as much of a worry unless you think these two problems could be connected? also, I have been wondering if it could have to do with the gas thats been sitting in my tank since december I believe, could it be bad now? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!