S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Suckramento, CA - [Long Vent]

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suckramento, CA - [Long Vent]

A little story about this past weekend about a trip in the S4, I thought I'd share..just need to vent!

I spent 8 years in Sacramento going to school, working, living, etc. in which I have mostly fond memories..a reason for a recent trip. My beloved Golden Retriever of 12 years was recently put down due to health problems. My wife and I decided to have her cremated and we would take a trip up to Sacramento, where I had my dog in her early years, and spread her ashes in the American River, where she loved to fetch tennis *****, while we partied and drank beer on the shore. It was a beautiful Saturday, low 90s..great day for a drive in the S4. We left the bay area around 2:30, reached a river access lot where we used to go about 3:15 in the afternoon. Decent neighborhood off La Riviera and Watt Ave. I pulled the S in, grabbed the box, locked the car up and proceeded up the levy and down to the river bank, where I opened the box with my dogs remains and spread them while standing on a downed tree near the edge and watched them dissappear downstream. My wife then threw a tennis ball as far as she could, one that we made her "headstone", and watched it float away...A little closure for a beloved pet...total trip of about 20 minutes max.

We walked back toward the car reminiscing about some of the good times with our dog, and as my wife approaches the car, her mouth drops and she say's "Oh my god!". I walk around to the passenger side to find that someone had shattered the passenger side window, reached in and stole her purse, which was sitting on floor in the passenger footwell. Glass was everywhere.. outside, inside, inside the sealt belt clip, etc. I stood in complete disbelief. We called the Sheriff, I think the operator actually laughed at my wife when she asked to come and take a report.. "We won't come out there..if you want to file a report, call on Monday" the operator said. Credit cards, check book, car/house keys, make-up, her work keys, name badge..all in the purse.

So now it's Monday.. I just got back to the office after spending four hours getting my window replaced. Dealer had to order glass (2-3 days), don't really trust a glass shop to get it "right", so I bought the glass from one that had it and took it to the dealer for install. $420 later, and I still need to get it tinted. New Driver's license, cancelled credit cards, closed checking accounts, rekey the house, new keys for the other car, etc., will probably total close to $1000!!!

All for $35 in the wallet, which is all they'll probably take...A guy that I noticed walking up after us said he saw a yellow ricer pull in right after us..bass thumpin..probably enough to drown out the glass break and alarm..I dunno, that's the third car break in I've had in Sac..Just take the cash, and leave the rest on someone's front lawn so we have a possibility of getting stuff returned. Whoever did this, I hope this happens to you..bastards!

Just needed to vent..

Thanks for listening!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:56 PM

sorry to hear of both losses..
Old 04-15-2002, 06:29 PM

Very sorry to hear about that after your touching experience
Old 04-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Elder Member

Default Sorry dude. Lived in Sac and area since '76. Past 6-8 years things have

just plain gone down hill.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:53 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I hope the lesson was learned...

Never leave valuables in sight. Not even for a second. It took me years to get my GF to realize this.

Sucks to hear your story, but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll try to use the cards.