S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Tired of waiting also, opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-1999, 06:55 AM
JJB-IL

Default Tired of waiting also, opinion please

Let me start by saying that I have been waiting for a year now for the S4. Second, I will probably have to settle for a different car than the one I ordered since the deler screwed me and told me my car was being built when it really was not (they are getting 14 before mine and I was #2 on the list); they are giving me one of the first one (different color, interior and Nav system which I did not want). Third, we still don't know price, delivery date etc... I have the opportunity to get an 180TTQ tomorrow (different dealer) but have never driven one. I want your opinion on what to do. I know the S4 will be awsome, carries four comfortably and fast, will be easy to upgrade and hang around M3's even the new ones etc... I am just tired of waiting and very close to throwing in the towel.

Let me know what you think

JJB
Old 08-25-1999, 07:02 AM
Steve S.

Default IMHO....WAIT.

You will not be sorry. Your dealer sounds out of whack though....maybe change dealers.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
00 S4 (dec/jan?)
Old 08-25-1999, 07:26 AM
RNS

Default Re: Tired of waiting also, opinion please

the s4 is unf*cking believable - patience is a virtue.....

audi dealers are awful.

'98 2.8QM
remus exhaust
ram air filter
Old 08-25-1999, 07:34 AM
KevinH

Default Keep the faith...

If this is the car you want, then wait. Most of us have watched the debut in Europe, drooled on Audi's World site, scooped up euro magazines with reviews in it for the past 18 months or so. I am waiting another 8 months to purchase in May so I can be more comfortable with the cost, so I am a little envious of everyone that will be receiving their S4s within the next few weeks. The upside is by May there should be a good choice of upgrades and I don't have to worry about some clown smacking into my new car over the winter. You might be looking for immediate gratification which doesn't last as long as the feeling you get when you wait, save, and get what you want. My two cents.
Kev
Old 08-25-1999, 08:07 AM
Scott W

Default I hear your cries my brother...we're in the home stretch now, you'd be a fool to jump ship this...

to the "delivery date". Besides, whatever you'd get as an alternative will only be a huge disappointment when you see some guy pull alongside in his S4 that was purchased w/no wait because somebody who ordered the car a year ago decided he couldn't wait another month!
Old 08-25-1999, 10:25 AM
AC

Default Makes sense, but...

People are worried that if they don't act now, they won't even have the opportunity to get one of these cars. The thought is these cars are going to be so popular they'll be back ordered forever and prices will exceed MSRP. Of course, dealers are all to happy to perpetuate this fear.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I agree that these cars will be easy enough to get once the initial furor dies down. Personally I'm not spending $40,000 unless I get exactly what I want - something my dealer says is not currently possible.

If I am wrong...I'm not worried...something better always comes along eventually. Technology and fashion will contine to march on long after the S4 is introduced. There's tons of people driving M3s who learned that lesson thanks to the S4.
Old 08-25-1999, 10:32 AM
KevinH

Default Re: Makes sense, but...

My intial fear was that they were going to be sold out, but I had two dealers assure me (take that for what it is worth) that they can definetly get me one for spring delivery. Got a deposit down and my fingers crossed.
Kev