S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

V Checker Scanner Pro from ecs tuning

Old 11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Checker Scanner Pro from ecs tuning

Anyone have any experience with this scanner tool from ecs? Positive or Negative feedback? would i be able to cycle/reset my abs module with it? any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbowins
Anyone have any experience with this scanner tool from ecs? Positive or Negative feedback? would i be able to cycle/reset my abs module with it? any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Hey Turbo

I'm no guru by any means, but as far as I know there are very few "non-vag" scanners that can read your ABS errors. If the one that ECS sells is a VAG-COM knock-off, you should be able to read and reset them, but if it's something else (some standa lone unit or something) I would make sure they specifically say it can.

If it's a knock-off it comes with it's own set of issues, as far as configuration on the laptop etc. Most new laptops don't come with RS232 serial ports anymore, and all the knock-offs that claim to be USB are actually not and emmulate a serial connection via a "USB connection".

IMHO, if you plan to buy one of these and you plan to buy a license from Ross-Tech, you might as well save up a little longer and get the real thing. These knock-offs can only use a pretty old version of the VAG-COM (new name is VCDS) software so you are missing out on a lot of new features etc. http://www.ross-tech.com if you don't have it.

FYI, I don't work for them...lol

Cheers
Massboykie