S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

WTH is a KI.15 Supply (control unit)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTH is a KI.15 Supply (control unit)?

Car is a 2000 S4 manual with AWE K04 kit.

My alternator broke and got it replaced yesterday. On the way home, the radio and a/c stopped working all of a sudden. Got the radio back but it will not shut down when I turn the car off anymore, have to do it manually.

No A/C.. will not turn on. Oil temp sensor is not working as well, might or might not be related. No heated seats either.

Checked the fuses and found #5 to be blown. 10A for the KI.15 Supply (control unit). Replaced it but it blew again immediately when I turn the car on. Looks to be a short somewhere but I have no idea what it is for and searches have come up empty.

Mechanic that changed the alternator is gone for Thanksgiving holiday so no help there. Was hoping I can fix the short myself.

TIA
Vincent
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vincent Huang
Car is a 2000 S4 manual with AWE K04 kit.

My alternator broke and got it replaced yesterday. On the way home, the radio and a/c stopped working all of a sudden. Got the radio back but it will not shut down when I turn the car off anymore, have to do it manually.

No A/C.. will not turn on. Oil temp sensor is not working as well, might or might not be related. No heated seats either.

Checked the fuses and found #5 to be blown. 10A for the KI.15 Supply (control unit). Replaced it but it blew again immediately when I turn the car on. Looks to be a short somewhere but I have no idea what it is for and searches have come up empty.

Mechanic that changed the alternator is gone for Thanksgiving holiday so no help there. Was hoping I can fix the short myself.

TIA
Vincent
Since you're having issues with the A/C, oil temp and so on, I would start with the wire bundle on the driver's side that snakes by the power steering fluid tank. This bundle has both the A/C compressor wires and the oil temp sensor wire in it. Maybe the insulation was torn on some of these when the mechanic removed the front frame to get to the alternator?

Hunting down a short is not fun and you really need to know what you're doing and how the car is wired. I hope you get lucky and the short is easy to spot.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My 2002 allroad just did the same exact thing. Did you find the problem?
It is also affecting the suspension level control and park lockout.