S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

XPost: Need quick help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XPost: Need quick help!

I tried STFA, and didn't find anything applicable.

My car got towed by the Parking Authority, and before I go pick it up, I was told to make sure it's OK.

Question: What do I need to look or listen for if my Quattro S4 was towed improperly? I'm pretty sure it was picked up by the front wheels and dragged across the city to the impound lot. What can go wrong? What should I look for?

TIA
heybiff

BTW, it was a wrong plate ID. That's why its doubly important I make sure car did not get messed up in the tow. Once I take it I'm liable.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hey_biff
.......I'm pretty sure it was picked up by the front wheels and dragged across the city to the impound lot....
Hey Heybiff (lol)

Well firstly, as far as I know (and I may be wrong.. been wrong before... lol), they would have to have towed it on a flatbed as they will not be able to tow it from the front as the rear wheels will not be able to turn if the fronts are not.

Maybe check the tires and make sure they did not drag it and create a flatspot or something. The quattro system is very "finicky" when it comes to uneven wear on the tyres so that might cause vibration issues etc. Check the underside and make sure they did not hook the chains onto anything sensitve and busted something.

Hope that helps...

Cheers
Massboykie
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue in NYC, and yea they have dragged my s4 but hey free pirreli nerros, youll Wana ask for all tow paper work ie driver I'd ect and it should say on the slip what he used, and if it was dragged, don't go all phillidelphia lawyer on the clerk....youll get double effed, tell them you would liken to report damage, and indicate full time 4 wd aka quattrocento and then show that it's was picked/towed by xyz truck as indicated by their paper work, and then before you even move the car, take photos of everything, tires drive shafts axles.....might get that torn cv boot replaced ....... And have this ready to back up your initial claim that they dragged it, your tires will be destroyed trust me a tow truck doin 30 on a main road eats ur non rolling tires pretty fast and you'll have 2 nice bald spots I have a nice big postit next to my registration, drive train immobilized please flatbed if towed.....and it has worked