S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

1st post, and I'm whining already......

Old 05-21-2015, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st post, and I'm whining already......

Somehow I wound up having to drive my wife's Panamera, and just can't stand it. So after visiting this forum many times (and benefiting greatly from the advice within), I ordered an S6 on April 27th. I hadn't gotten a build date, so I asked my salesman today, and he forwarded me a sheet from Audi which indicates " order created 4/27; Factory Submitted 5/18, build date 4115". Can that really mean the 41st week of this year? October?!?!

FWIW, I ordered Daytona Gray with the Aris Red interior, black optics, and sport exhaust.

Please tell me I'm not stuck with the Panamera until November!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DrSnore
Somehow I wound up having to drive my wife's Panamera, and just can't stand it. So after visiting this forum many times (and benefiting greatly from the advice within), I ordered an S6 on April 27th. I hadn't gotten a build date, so I asked my salesman today, and he forwarded me a sheet from Audi which indicates " order created 4/27; Factory Submitted 5/18, build date 4115". Can that really mean the 41st week of this year? October?!?!

FWIW, I ordered Daytona Gray with the Aris Red interior, black optics, and sport exhaust.

Please tell me I'm not stuck with the Panamera until November!!!!!!!
Yes, you are correct on all accounts. We are all waiting unfortunately.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reports have been that Black Optic and Sports Exhaust packages are continually backordered and orders with those options are getting longer lead times. October is a long way though. I would ask my dealer if he can get is AoA rep to convert an S6 already in process to your specs. Could save you a month or 2. I would think if they push you should be able to get an August date.

P.S. What is bad about the Panamera. I had been wanting one (love the looks) but never driven one. I marked it off my list because it is a 4 seater and wanted to stick with 5 seats (thinking at least should have a car my whole family can actually get in).
Old 05-21-2015, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

cbl1 - thank you for the advice! I'll give that a shot.

As for the Panamera, I've had several 911's, so this just looks and feels too big, too dumpy, and too "not a 911" for me. Additionally, I find the sight lines poor, and the car too heavy for my liking. And my daughters tease me when I drive it......
Old 05-21-2015, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
Reports have been that Black Optic and Sports Exhaust packages are continually backordered and orders with those options are getting longer lead times. October is a long way though. I would ask my dealer if he can get is AoA rep to convert an S6 already in process to your specs. Could save you a month or 2. I would think if they push you should be able to get an August date.

P.S. What is bad about the Panamera. I had been wanting one (love the looks) but never driven one. I marked it off my list because it is a 4 seater and wanted to stick with 5 seats (thinking at least should have a car my whole family can actually get in).
S6/7 orders are being heavily delayed right now. Not sure exactly why as some of the orders we have dont have the black optics or sport package and have been in the order bank for 3 months now without any movement.

As for a Panamera, I took a turbo s in once on trade and it was the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. Felt like a park bench. Oh and the rear spoiler was stuck in the up position lol.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad my build date is in next week.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is my 2016 Daytona Gray - Arras Red interior w/Sport package and black optics. Loaded. Getting it next week. Waiting for the buyer of my M3 to return from a trip. Dealer is courtesy trading it to save me the sales tax.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That's cruel.

Beautiful! Enjoy! I've not seen the red in person - are you happy with the choice?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think so! I I loved it in person, but it is not mine yet (until next week)

I posted so you could see what it looks like. There are no good shots of the carbon fiber until now!

Originally Posted by DrSnore
That's cruel.

Beautiful! Enjoy! I've not seen the red in person - are you happy with the choice?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sweet ride!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st post, and I'm whining already......