S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2013 s6 computer gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 s6 computer gremlins

Hi all! Glad to be part of this group!

I purchased a CPO 2013 s6 last month and love the car so far except for a a little scare yesterday getting on to the on ramp.
As I was accelerating, the car hesitated, then AIR suspension error came up, immediately, then a picture with 4 wheel drive came up( something about differential) then the TPS tire monitoring came up...... after all that, the check engine light came on ( not flashing). I was able to drive the car @60mph without any issues to the dealership. After it was started up again a few times, the errors disappeared EXCEPT for the check engine light.
The dealership called me back and they said there were no codes stored for the problems I had seen..... can this be true? A computer glitch that really made the car act like this?
Can a voltage issue with the battery or grounding cause something like this?
Old 02-10-2016, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Revto9k
Hi all! Glad to be part of this group!

I purchased a CPO 2013 s6 last month and love the car so far except for a a little scare yesterday getting on to the on ramp.
As I was accelerating, the car hesitated, then AIR suspension error came up, immediately, then a picture with 4 wheel drive came up( something about differential) then the TPS tire monitoring came up...... after all that, the check engine light came on ( not flashing). I was able to drive the car @60mph without any issues to the dealership. After it was started up again a few times, the errors disappeared EXCEPT for the check engine light.
The dealership called me back and they said there were no codes stored for the problems I had seen..... can this be true? A computer glitch that really made the car act like this?
Can a voltage issue with the battery or grounding cause something like this?
Don't believe your dealer. Anytime that check engine light comes on, there is a DTC code associated with it and stored in the ECU's memory. However, after a few starts, that DTC in the memory will be deleted. I cannot remember how many starts, I think 8 or 10. Have your car had this many starts since the check engine light lit up? If not, maybe have another dealer check it out for you.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I figured. There was one engine code, but none of the other issues I described came up. Must have been a trickle down effect when other problems seem to trigger due to a specific error. They said it was a sporadic error from a module in the front end of the car that could be caused by an accident.....well, turns out I wasn't used to the lurching when I first got the car and I lightly bumped the front end into my wife's SUV on the driveway. They said that module usually goes bad when there is an accident.... this was a few weeks ago and I guess it finally tripped. So the gremlin has been discovered to be me. I will find out what module they are talking about when I go to pick up the car.