S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2014 S6 or New A4, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I came from a 3.0T A6. I loved the supercharged 3.0 for its instantaneous power. In some ways, it felt faster than the S6. The new A4 probably feels the same way-more nimble and raw. But here's the thing... the smoothness of the 4.0TT with a slight turbo lag can be deceiving but the data proves otherwise. Perhaps a tune and an aftermarket exhaust will bring out the rawness to your liking. The 4.0TT is an amazing engine with huge pontential.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up not getting that S6 -- I drove it -- One oddity -- it had the Pre-sense plus and while i was on my test drive, a guy cut me off (on the highway) -- the car auto breaked, hard. Very uncomfortable -- i know it breaks faster than i can -- but still, the loss of direct control was not cool in my book.

Anyone had experiences with Pre-sense plus?

Also, I'm renting an A6 (2016, i think) for the weekend -- will drive it to Tahoe (~200 miles each way) and back ... Anyone compared the slightly higher HP A6 engine with sport suspension with the S6?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcohen
I ended up not getting that S6 -- I drove it -- One oddity -- it had the Pre-sense plus and while i was on my test drive, a guy cut me off (on the highway) -- the car auto breaked, hard. Very uncomfortable -- i know it breaks faster than i can -- but still, the loss of direct control was not cool in my book.

Anyone had experiences with Pre-sense plus?
I've had it trigger at slower speeds and be annoying. I've also had it save me a couple of times. So net net I'm glad I have it. But I think you can turn it off? There should be a button to the left of/down from the steering wheel near the light switches? Or something in the menus.

BTW I have both cars right now - '14 S6 (lease expiring later this year) and a '17 A4 (wife's car). I admit I'm a bit jealous of my wife's A4's interior - it's so much more modern and bright. Love the Virtual Cockpit and the faster more responsive software. But in other ways it doesn't feel as good: a bit too much lean in corners (she has the non-sport package); too much effort required on throttle when not in S mode, S mode is better but I find the transmission holds the gears way too long and so I need to pop into it quickly to get a smooth launch and immediately pop out of it so I don't hear the nasty four cylinder engine sound; leather isn't as nice; seats aren't as nice; the materials quality inside the S6 is generally amazing and the materials in the A4 are merely excellent (splitting hairs but you can feel the difference). With that said I'd probably be satisfied with an A4 with the sport package or a new S4. Get the prestige model - HUD is amazing. Haven't been able to live without one for the past 5 years.