S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6...KW, H&R or VAG-COM to Lower?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 S6...KW, H&R or VAG-COM to Lower?

AudiWorld,

Good day, sorry about the newb-status to AW Forum but I have some questions I really hope you guys can help with. It seems all the threads talking about lowering our C7's are a little dated. I'm in the Army stationed in Germany (who takes full advantage of the Autobahn!) and just ordered a new S6, one of my German buddies called KW and asked on my behalf about whether or not the KW DLC Lowering module would fit for the new MY16's and could not get a straight answer, he said to call back at a later time.

Does anybody know if the KW will work? Does anybody have one already installed in their MY16?

I've read threads about people liking the H&R module and also about others using VAG-COM. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. I did just order a VAG-COM btw, but my intentions for it were not originally going to be to lower the car with it...but now, who knows Thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2015, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I did the VAG with lowering links on my 14. I just couldnt justify the price tag of the KW module. I plan on doing the same thing on my 16 when it comes in next month.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I did the VAG with lowering links on my 14. I just couldnt justify the price tag of the KW module. I plan on doing the same thing on my 16 when it comes in next month.
Ok, I was under the impression that going the VAG route didn't require lowering links...why do you need the links if you're changing the ECU's baseline height parameters? I will admit this is my first car with an air suspension so lowering links are foreign to me. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2015, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by PampedOut6
Ok, I was under the impression that going the VAG route didn't require lowering links...why do you need the links if you're changing the ECU's baseline height parameters? I will admit this is my first car with an air suspension so lowering links are foreign to me. Thanks!
You dont need the lowering links. I just wanted to go lower than the permitted 17mm.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
You dont need the lowering links. I just wanted to go lower than the permitted 17mm.
So your saying they act as a "camber kit" would with springs?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PampedOut6
So your saying they act as a "camber kit" would with springs?
he wanted it to lower the car more than 17mm, which is the maximum amount you can lower. i.e. he wants 25mm lowering, so he would use 17mm via vagcom and another 8mm via the lowering links. the lowering links trick the car into thinking it's at stock height.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info...I think I'm just going to go the module route. BTW, referencing my inital post about KW/H&R/VAG for lowering, KW (in Germany) got back with my buddy and said they do NOT have a WiFi version ready for the 2016 S6 but are working on one and hope to have something ready within a couple of months. I'll keep following up with them and keep everyone posted. While some aren't keen on the high price for "on the fly suspension adjustment" I think I'm going to go that route...unless my car is delivered before the KW is ready, then I'll probably break down and go with the H&R.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 S6...KW, H&R or VAG-COM to Lower?

My understanding is KW requires splicing and H&R doesn't. H&R install was easy and was plug and play.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stillwaterS6
My understanding is KW requires splicing and H&R doesn't. H&R install was easy and was plug and play.
I do like the whole plug and play concept but I also like having something a little different than what everyone else has, living in Germany you see Audi, BMW, and Mercedes like you see ford, dodge and chevy back in the states (wagons everywhere out here!!). The roads truly are smooth as silk ...+1 if you know who's responsible for that!. I digress, no matter which module I choose I'm still cognizant of the fact that TOO low is just dumb. I read other discussions about how going too low can throw off your cameras and radar, etc. No matter which module I go with it'll be a trial and error thing until I get it perfect. I hope I can squeeze about a 1.5" drop BELOW standard Dynamic height and still keep all of my cars "senses". When I'm not in the mood to be low I'll switch back to Comfort or Auto for normal driving. I personally feel that if you have an air suspension you should have one that suites your needs/taste almost as much as it does the cars, +/- 1.5" is silly...if that makes any sense. Just my two cents