S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 Premium Plus - any help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dazs4
Thanks for the replies and my apologies for not being clearer.

Allow me to fix that:

The s6 is a 2016 (2/15 build and 4/15 sale). It was sold originally 12 months ago.
Its a lease return ( after 10 months)

Im looking at it as used vehicle.

Original sticker was 77k. Im looking to get it at low 60's.
It now has 7k miles.

Options on car ( I have the original sale sticker)

Grey metallic paint.
Led Headlights
20Inch wheel package
Bose surround sound
Carbon Atlas inlays

It also has the blindspot detection but that seems to be standard not an option.

As options go, it seem fairly light but that will be reflected in my offer to them.

Perhaps this information will help in your views and opinions.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
It’s just my humble opinion, but buying the S6 without the sport package is really buying a A6 Sport with a V8 in it. The original C7 S6 (2013) was designed and built with the all of the sport package built-in as standard. Audi removed the soul of the car and now calls it the “sport package” as the basis of lowering the base price of the car.

It may just be the reason why you see a lot of slightly used 2015 & 2016 S6s out there – just about all of them are without the sport package. Hold out for a car with the sport package f you can.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by tmiele
It’s just my humble opinion, but buying the S6 without the sport package is really buying a A6 Sport with a V8 in it. The original C7 S6 (2013) was designed and built with the all of the sport package built-in as standard. Audi removed the soul of the car and now calls it the “sport package” as the basis of lowering the base price of the car.

It may just be the reason why you see a lot of slightly used 2015 & 2016 S6s out there – just about all of them are without the sport package. Hold out for a car with the sport package f you can.
It was the distributor, Audi of America, that "removed the soul" in terms of the option lists. In the US you are restricted in terms of how equipment is packaged (although this provides a price advantage). In German style markets (ie you buy all the bits individually, and the base car really is a base car) there is much more flexibility.

I would not like the US "sport package" because I don't care for Dynamic steering, yet I would not buy an S6 without the sports differential nor the sports exhaust. It is easy enough (particularly in the US) to get a third party exhaust system so you can actually hear the V8, but the sports differential cannot be added at a practical cost.

I certainly agree with your warning to the OP that he needs to be aware that the absence of the sports package changes the character of the car, and he needs to be comfortable (!!) with that.

Funnily enough, if an A6 with the V8 was offered, I would probably buy that because I prefer the S/Line lowered suspension to the adaptive air suspension on the S6, which I find too biased to comfort and not "S" enough. I could option just about everything that the S6 has, except for the brakes. In Europe, Audi have an Audi A6 3.0 TDI Competition model which has the bi-turbo diesel. It is actually a more aggressive car than the S6, and you can have either sports springs or air suspension. Huge torque, but I am not such a fan of diesel engines.

Seems to me that since Audi decided to expand the range of RS vehicles built by quattro GmbH from more than one at a time (I realise NA doesn't get too many), they made a decision to soften the S models. Probably has broader market appeal, but I'd prefer a harder edge or for Audi to get their act together on RS timings/availability.

Image is from Fourtitude / George Achorn
Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's always about the $, right?
If you're not going to push the car around corners, the Sport pkg. is a moot point. I personally like the louder exhaust and having the sports differentials if I need it. I have more fun going straight and stomping the pedal.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for reference I bought member "DavidS6" car that he traded in. 4100 miles I got out the door for $68k.

Option list.
Glacier White Metallic with Black Sport Interior
S6 Sport Package:
Audi dynamic steering
Quattro Sport Rear Differential
Sport Exhaust system with black tips
Black Optic Package
20" 5-double spoke wheels, titanium finish
Summer tires
High gloss black package
Exterior mirrors in body color
Bose Surround Sound
Carbon Atlas decorative inlays
Cold Weather package
Heated rear seats
Heated steering wheel
Audi Guard all weather floor mats
Cargo net
Audi Guard wheel lock kit
Black Headliner
Tinted windows

Obligatory pic:

Old 04-13-2016, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got a HELL of a lot more than they are giving me....

Awesome car...

Great info for comparison...
Thanks!
Old 04-14-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For reference, if you need it, I did the deal with Suncoast Audi in Sarasota.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im in LA so a bit limited to california.

AS it turns out, the car has been straight piped with a custom exhaust which vacates the 4/50 on anything exhaust related.

I wanted to go back to stock exhaust with OEM parts. Originally they agreed and offered additional 2 year CPO.

Became a price battle at that point. Anyway, they have now put the original exhaust back on the car but its welded together as the guy cut it to put his custom exhaust on.
So the 4/50 relating to the exhaust is now void, it can't get a CPO even if they wanted to and Im not going to deal with the spending that kind of $$ on a car without service/maintenance protection.

Back to shopping I go…

The GM tried to get me into a lease at 80k but id rather wait until the 2017's come knocking when they get a bit more motivated to clear the floor.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dazs4
Im in LA so a bit limited to california.

AS it turns out, the car has been straight piped with a custom exhaust which vacates the 4/50 on anything exhaust related.

I wanted to go back to stock exhaust with OEM parts. Originally they agreed and offered additional 2 year CPO.

Became a price battle at that point. Anyway, they have now put the original exhaust back on the car but its welded together as the guy cut it to put his custom exhaust on.
So the 4/50 relating to the exhaust is now void, it can't get a CPO even if they wanted to and Im not going to deal with the spending that kind of $$ on a car without service/maintenance protection.

Back to shopping I go…

The GM tried to get me into a lease at 80k but id rather wait until the 2017's come knocking when they get a bit more motivated to clear the floor.
Wait for your perfect S6 to come along - keep shopping on the both the AOA and the local Audi dealer websites. Better deals are ahead as new models appear in the showroom and AOA tends to sell off their company owned cars in May and June. I bought my last two S cars that way - 10 months old and less than 10K on them. Save lots of dollars vs. new and get the CPO coverage to 100K miles.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmiele
Wait for your perfect S6 to come along - keep shopping on the both the AOA and the local Audi dealer websites. Better deals are ahead as new models appear in the showroom and AOA tends to sell off their company owned cars in May and June. I bought my last two S cars that way - 10 months old and less than 10K on them. Save lots of dollars vs. new and get the CPO coverage to 100K miles.

idk, I love the fact that you purchase a brand new car that no one has ever owned/driven. It's like the best experience, the smell, feel, and overall badass attitude you get as you drive that car off the lot... it's the best.

Also do your self a favor, run the math, and research the price. A dealership needs to pay AoA something like $2500 to CPO a used Audi... lol remember they just pass that cost on to you.(It's baked right into the asking price) This of course closes the gap, and really eats away at those "savings" on a 1 year old vehicle. I really do feel that you can negotiate a deal on a new Audi, that costs only about 1000 or 2000 more than a CPO.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
idk, I love the fact that you purchase a brand new car that no one has ever owned/driven. It's like the best experience, the smell, feel, and overall badass attitude you get as you drive that car off the lot... it's the best.

Also do your self a favor, run the math, and research the price. A dealership needs to pay AoA something like $2500 to CPO a used Audi... lol remember they just pass that cost on to you.(It's baked right into the asking price) This of course closes the gap, and really eats away at those "savings" on a 1 year old vehicle. I really do feel that you can negotiate a deal on a new Audi, that costs only about 1000 or 2000 more than a CPO.

I don't understand why anyone will buy a used car over the price of 40K. Anything over that amount, you need to order a brand new car. I did a lot of research before ordering my 2016 A6 here in Germany. I considered every option I had. If you have 40K to throw away, you should be willing to add the extra amount to get it made from the factory.

Quick Reply: 2016 S6 Premium Plus - any help appreciated