S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
The dynamic steering is actually super fun in conjunction with the sport diff. It makes for a livelier, more direct and responsive steering. At the handling limit it works together with the sport diff to further reduce understeer by slightly changing the ratio until the front tires get grip again. I love it in my RS5. Auto mode is great for daily driving. It goes from easy to maneuver at parking lot speeds to tight and stable at highway speeds. Comfort is great for long distance driving. It requires little effort, but it still maintains straight line stability at high speeds thanks to the ratio increase. Dynamic mode is especially for sporty driving. It locks the ratio to a fixed ratio. 14.3:1 in the RS5, not sure what the ratio is in the S6, but dynamic mode is meant to address exactly your concern when you are driving on roads where the speed varies greatly, so you get a consistent steering response.
Thanks for the great information about Dynamic Steering. I have had a difficult time getting a handle on what exactly that does and the Audi brochures and website do not give any details at all. I am very happy to hear that the steering ratio is "locked" in Dynamic mode.

If anyone knows where to see and read more about this I would love to know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
I am actually hoping the OEM sport exhaust can be retrofitted easily onto my 2014, along with the new rear valance.
Vijay, FWIW: I was told the Sport Exhaust won't be available as a an Audi accessory. My *guess* is that since they aren't offering it this way, it likely can't be retrofit.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by NVJeff
Thanks for the great information about Dynamic Steering. I have had a difficult time getting a handle on what exactly that does and the Audi brochures and website do not give any details at all. I am very happy to hear that the steering ratio is "locked" in Dynamic mode.

If anyone knows where to see and read more about this I would love to know.

Thanks in advance.
Here's an older write-up that explains how quattro, the sport diff, dynamic steering and audi drive select work together. Some of the technical details are obsolete as this write-up is from when Audi was still using hydraulic steering, but the principals are still the same with the electronic steering.

quattro with Sport Differential: Dynamism Redefined - AudiWorld
Old 01-19-2015, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Vijay, FWIW: I was told the Sport Exhaust won't be available as a an Audi accessory. My *guess* is that since they aren't offering it this way, it likely can't be retrofit.
Oh I know it may not be offered officially as an accessory, but there is no reason to think (for now) that it wouldn't fit. It is likely just changes to the internals of the cat-back portion of the exhaust, with the connections and hanger points to be the same. You would just have to order the part. Time will tell, I suppose.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also look at this package as omitting the need for an aftermarket exhaust. I bought the AWE on my last one and it was around $3500 installed. If I get that now with OEM fitments and zero warranty issues, I am happy. I was going to spend the exhaust money either way. I may as well spend it on a car with a lower starting price now.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys - New member here about to place an order on a 2016 S6. Great thread with a lot of information on the Sport package that is hard to find elsewhere. At the dealership where I was going to place the order they seem to believe the Sport Package exhaust is actually the same exact as the standard exhaust just with painted black tailpipes.

If you read the details of the Sport Package on Audi's online configurator that would seem to confirm, but is that really possible? Why are all the reviews talking about the "angrier" exhaust note with the Sport Exhaust. The YouTube video's I have found are extremely low quality and don't actually sound very good or loud at all. I'm sure by now you guys who are more in the loop have all the answers. Main question - is the Sports Package exhaust actually different or just painted tail pipes?

S6 Sport package

Sports differential
Rear exhaust tailpipe
Power steering (dynamic steering)
Old 06-03-2015, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SilverTT2000
Hi guys - New member here about to place an order on a 2016 S6. Great thread with a lot of information on the Sport package that is hard to find elsewhere. At the dealership where I was going to place the order they seem to believe the Sport Package exhaust is actually the same exact as the standard exhaust just with painted black tailpipes.

If you read the details of the Sport Package on Audi's online configurator that would seem to confirm, but is that really possible? Why are all the reviews talking about the "angrier" exhaust note with the Sport Exhaust. The YouTube video's I have found are extremely low quality and don't actually sound very good or loud at all. I'm sure by now you guys who are more in the loop have all the answers. Main question - is the Sports Package exhaust actually different or just painted tail pipes?

S6 Sport package

Sports differential
Rear exhaust tailpipe
It is different, not just painted tail pipes. Its not as loud as, say an AWE exhaust, but it does sound alot better than pre-2016 stock S6 exhaust. Sports package is a must for an S6 in my eyes.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

A bit of further clarification on the steering systems. "Variable Assist", found in all Audis these days, affects the steering effort based on speed - slower speed, less effort, higher speed, more effort. "Dynamic Steering", only available on the C7 "S" models in NA, affects the ratio based on speed and other factors. Basically, more turns of the wheel are needed at slower speed, less turns at higher speed. Both of these features can have their ranges adjusted in the MMI.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SilverTT2000

S6 Sport package

Sports differential
Rear exhaust tailpipe
Yes, it's definitely louder, but not as loud as an after market exhaust.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

In addition to the louder sound it makes nice pops and burbles. You can also turn it down or off.

Quick Reply: 2016 Sport Package