S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2017 S6 purchase

Old 03-11-2017, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 S6 purchase

I'm currently a 2016 Z51 Stingray owner and am pretty close to selling it. Currently, I'm looking very closely at a 2016/2017 S6 and I was wondering how much on average the dealers in the Maryland area or coming off sticker pricing on the 2017's?

Also, another question. Are the tires all season or are they summer only on this model?

Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd say from my shopping knowledge, you could try for about 6-8% off MSRP, then apply any incentives that are available (which you need to research as well)

And YES, all of the S6 models come with Summer compound tires.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MikeS6
I'd say from my shopping knowledge, you could try for about 6-8% off MSRP, then apply any incentives that are available (which you need to research as well)

And YES, all of the S6 models come with Summer compound tires.
thanks for the reply!! I'll have to figure out where to research incentives.....and I'm wondering if they ever have any financing specials like I see on other manufacturers.

I currently have the summer only on my stingray (that I'm looking to unload) and the car is usless under 30 degrees since the tires will crack under temps like that when driven. Is that the same on these? Basically, if I make the trade the S6 would be my daily and would I have to change tires immediately to make it my daily?
Old 03-12-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by geewiss
thanks for the reply!! I'll have to figure out where to research incentives.....and I'm wondering if they ever have any financing specials like I see on other manufacturers.

I currently have the summer only on my stingray (that I'm looking to unload) and the car is usless under 30 degrees since the tires will crack under temps like that when driven. Is that the same on these? Basically, if I make the trade the S6 would be my daily and would I have to change tires immediately to make it my daily?
Summer tires make the tires like hockey pucks when cold weather sets in. Get a set of snow shoes for the S6 when temps start dropping under the 40s range and you will love driving the S6 with Quattro.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

thanks for the reply!! I'll have to figure out where to research incentives.....and I'm wondering if they ever have any financing specials like I see on other manufacturers. .....
Audi incentives change over time, listed by zip code: https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/offers-programs
Old 03-12-2017, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

And like most manufacturers, the low rate is like virtually never better than the rebate. Auto banks are never/so rarely competitive. It's best for you to maximize the rebate, and have the dealer give you their best rate from a local bank. They virtually never let you get a low rate ands a rebate, it's one or the other, not both.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Last week we got 7% off MSRP plus $1000 loyalty plus $3000 with financing with AFS. Roughly $10,000 off MSRP.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

AFS will have a higher rate, but there's no prepayment penalty and there is likely bonus cash for financing through them.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
. Get a set of snow shoes for the S6 when temps start dropping under the 40s range and you will love driving the S6 with Quattro.
Either snows or all seasons depending on where you live. I have both and I left the Conti DWS 06's on this year. We haven't had any deep snow this year and the A/S tires were adequate.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
AFS will have a higher rate, but there's no prepayment penalty and there is likely bonus cash for financing through them.
​​​​​
Yea, they'll do a low rate with an additonal $500 off or whatever. I mean most loans today there is no prepay penalty no? I don't think that's like a huge advantage. I might be spoiled by Massachusetts strong consumer laws. But usually the Big rebate you can't combine with Audi Financing, perhaps they are aggressive atm? The guy above mentioned 3K with AFS? that does not sound typical at all.

Last edited by MikeS6; 03-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 S6 purchase