S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Alcantara Headliner, do you love it or not worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcantara Headliner, do you love it or not worth it?

Sorry to post a new thread, but I need and info soon.

So instead of building an S6, I found one that has a lot of what I want but a lot of extra as well such as the Alcantara Headliner. My biggest issue is that I will not actually be able to drive it and will purchase it with just pictures and videos and have it shipped (Crazy?) My question is those of you who have the headliner do you love it? Is it too much? Hard to tell from the pictures if it is worth $3k.

The car is a Sepang, Prestige, sports package, Black Alcantara Headliner, Drivers Assist package, Black Optic Package and Carbon Atlas inlays and Audi Beam Rings.

Thank you all for time and opinions!
Derek
Old 04-30-2016, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dlitton@yahoo.com
Sorry to post a new thread, but I need and info soon.

So instead of building an S6, I found one that has a lot of what I want but a lot of extra as well such as the Alcantara Headliner. My biggest issue is that I will not actually be able to drive it and will purchase it with just pictures and videos and have it shipped (Crazy?) My question is those of you who have the headliner do you love it? Is it too much? Hard to tell from the pictures if it is worth $3k.

The car is a Sepang, Prestige, sports package, Black Alcantara Headliner, Drivers Assist package, Black Optic Package and Carbon Atlas inlays and Audi Beam Rings.

Thank you all for time and opinions!
Derek
I bought car like that...was close to my desirable specs and I don't like to order cars (can't wait so long!).

I would say I don't care about alcantara inserts in the doors or headliner but it was included and i just tried to negotiate best price possible. At the end I'm happy with interior look but i rarely look up to notice headliner!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Personally I'm happy with the standard black headliner, but I do like the alcantara on the door panels, so I'm sure I could live with it on the headliner, as well. However, I wouldn't pay 3k extra to have it over the standard black headliner.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$3k for a piece of fabric is beyond me. It's definitely cool but not worth it to me even if I spewed $$$ out of my pores. I would understand it though since many women are willing to pay $10k for a piece of leather to carry around, aka purse.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

If you could live without Prestige and beam rings and don't want the Alcantara, I have the same car as a loaded premium plus in stock. With that said, I do love Alcantara.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If it was me I would go for it. Having the $3,000 alcantara headliner is a small price to pay to not have to wait a few months to order the car...plus my guess is you will really like the upgraded feel, look and durability of it. That color combo with the black optics will get you many compliments.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
$3k for a piece of fabric is beyond me. It's definitely cool but not worth it to me even if I spewed $$$ out of my pores. I would understand it though since many women are willing to pay $10k for a piece of leather to carry around, aka purse.

I ofc, as usual agree with my bud luv2sleep. I actually think I'd really like to have the alcantara headliner, and it's an option that I would defiantly pay for, however I'm not sure if that material is that expensive or not, but I can't see paying $3,000 for it. (I think I might pay about $750 or so.)
Old 05-01-2016, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

i have it, and i actually ordered it without knowing the price as it was a new option at the time of my order. i'm glad i did, as i think it completes the feel (along with the seats, carbon inserts, etc.) of the s6 cabin in terms of differentiating it from the a6. is it expensive, yes, but i do notice it each and every time i get in the car (since it's relatively uncommon).
Old 05-01-2016, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

That sounds awesome....
Old 05-02-2016, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
I ofc, as usual agree with my bud luv2sleep. I actually think I'd really like to have the alcantara headliner, and it's an option that I would defiantly pay for, however I'm not sure if that material is that expensive or not, but I can't see paying $3,000 for it. (I think I might pay about $750 or so.)
I agree...I would have paid for it also if it was $750.

I have seen it in a A8 and it really does make the interior much more luxurious.