S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

All weather floor mats

Old 02-12-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default All weather floor mats

I'm considering to get all weather rubber floor mats. I'm in Michigan and snow/salt can really leave white stains on regular textile floor mats. I was wondering anyone compared OEM ones with weather tech/husky ones.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have weather tech in my trunk. I think they make a superior product and if I still lived in NYC I would have my car lined with them for sure in the winter months.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kevinsong
I'm considering to get all weather rubber floor mats. I'm in Michigan and snow/salt can really leave white stains on regular textile floor mats. I was wondering anyone compared OEM ones with weather tech/husky ones.

Thanks in advance.
I have the Audi all weather mats and they are quite good quality; better than the skimpy carpet mats that came with the car.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Audi all weather rubber mats and trunk liner. Make sure you specify the S6 versions (with an S6 logo). The info isn't readily available on the Audi USA website. You will have to search around for the part numbers, but they are out there.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
I have the Audi all weather rubber mats and trunk liner. Make sure you specify the S6 versions (with an S6 logo). The info isn't readily available on the Audi USA website. You will have to search around for the part numbers, but they are out there.
+1 on this. The S6 all weather mats look great. The pattern design is cool and it has the S6 logo. They are very well made. I know OEM stuff is pricey, but they are worth it.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Weather Tech are better than the OEM ones for the simple reason they have sides. This keeps slush, salt, etc inside the mat and won't let it get to the carpet underneath. Had the OEM ones on my S5 and while they're good quality, they lack this feature.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the Weather Tech front/bank floor mats and trunk liner for both my S6 and Q7 and with all the record level snow and temps, I have been very pleased with the mats keeping the snow and dirt away from the carpeted surfaces.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
I have the Weather Tech front/bank floor mats and trunk liner for both my S6 and Q7 and with all the record level snow and temps, I have been very pleased with the mats keeping the snow and dirt away from the carpeted surfaces.
I agree. Just purchased the Weather Tech "floor Liner" mats for my S6. Great product. They fit perfectly - like a glove. Liked them so much, I purchased a pair for my BMW. Again, fit like a glove.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

As I noted previously, the S6-specific Audi mats are junk:
*they looked much more scuffed after only a few months than my Audi Sport (Audi) mats that I had lasted through three cars;
*they smell, no, they stink, of rubber in warm weather;
*they are low relief and therefore do not afford much protection.

I purchased WeatherTech DigiFit for both my S6 and her A4 Allroad and we are quite happy, which is nice when annual snowfall ranges around 120 inches.

FWIW
Old 02-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kevinsong

Thanks in advance.
We just joined AudiWorld as a vendor earlier today with a full offering of all weather rubber mats and cargo liners. You can find the C7 specific floor and cargo mats here:
http://www.edgemats.com/collections/...ent-floor-mats
and here:
http://www.edgemats.com/collections/...edan-cargo-mat

Edge Mats rubber floor mats and cargo liners are meticulously engineered for optimal fit and protection at an affordable price. Most models are available in three colors, black, grey and beige. Other notable features include:
  • All mats and cargo liners are manufactured in the European Union by a manufacturer with ISO 9001:2000 certifications
  • Mats are made from TPE (a type of synthetic rubber), do not emit an unpleasant odors like some other rubber products, and are highly resistant to abrasion or cracking under extreme temperatures. TPE is also used for window and door seals, O-rings and other applications where strength, durability and resistance to various corrosive substances and high temperature fluctuations is requited. When the temperatures drop below zero ordinary rubber gets hard and sometimes brittle, TPE does not change its properties even at temperatures below -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • 1.2” (3cm) high all-around edges keep all dirt, debris and liquids in.
  • Mounting hardware is included. Mats can be secured to existing anchors, or the provided anchors (screwed into the carpet) can be used.

Name:  featuresfw_zps03aaf3a8.png
Views: 416
Size:  506.9 KB Name:  floor_mat_mounting_hardwarefw_zps16593507.png
Views: 412
Size:  290.6 KB

Here is a few shots of the fitment in my C6 A6:
Name:  drivers_side_zps40cd6283.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  217.4 KB Name:  passanger_side_zpsaca6d485.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  161.2 KB

Search this Thread