S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Anyone Leased an S6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Leased an S6?

I understand that Audi just doesn't lease too well compare to MB, BMW, etc.

If you leased, what kind of deals are there? What's your drive off amount and monthly payment?

Thanks,
Old 02-03-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

i leased mine...my lease is a little higher than i wanted but i traded a 4 month old S5 and a 9 month Q70S - so i took a hit. I shopped around multiple dealers...and in LA - they did not really deal much on the S6. They could not keep them in stock there.

My monthly is a little over 1k. So basically its like i walked in and drove out with 0 down and paid sticker. lol
Old 02-03-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I leased mine (as well as my wife's S4). IMO, Audi's lease VERY well. The money factor (i.e. interest) converted to 0.34% when i leased mine in May 2016. The residual, if I recall, was 54 or 55% at 7500 miles, which isn't bad for a 36 month.

I negotiated 6.5% off MSRP (which was $82,650 I believe), plus $2500 in rebates (Audi owner loyalty and S6 rebate for the time), netting about 10% off total. I paid drive offs upfront (first payment, registration, acquisition fee etc..) of about $2k, my payment is $868/month including CA sales tax. I had to work 6 dealers against each other to get the car, ended up flying from OC to Livermore, CA and road tripped it back in one day (it was alot of fun). Larry Liu at Livermore Audi in CA was awesome, no BS and gave me a great deal.

I have leased about 8 Audi's, I always sell them private party before the lease is up and have always ended up positive equity (we don't drive a ton and I am meticulous), and have never paid money as a cap cost reduction toward the lease (always do zero drive offs or write a check for fees as I did on the S6). This avoids paying upfront tax on a purchase, and the models (usually S) have held their value pretty well. Depending on what the market is when my S6 lease is up, I will either sell it myself or just buy it and purchase an extended warranty. LOVE the car.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by parkstr8
i leased mine...my lease is a little higher than i wanted but i traded a 4 month old S5 and a 9 month Q70S - so i took a hit. I shopped around multiple dealers...and in LA - they did not really deal much on the S6. They could not keep them in stock there.

My monthly is a little over 1k. So basically its like i walked in and drove out with 0 down and paid sticker. lol

Thanks, that sounds like a quick and easy lease

Originally Posted by A6er
I leased mine (as well as my wife's S4). IMO, Audi's lease VERY well. The money factor (i.e. interest) converted to 0.34% when i leased mine in May 2016. The residual, if I recall, was 54 or 55% at 7500 miles, which isn't bad for a 36 month.

I negotiated 6.5% off MSRP (which was $82,650 I believe), plus $2500 in rebates (Audi owner loyalty and S6 rebate for the time), netting about 10% off total. I paid drive offs upfront (first payment, registration, acquisition fee etc..) of about $2k, my payment is $868/month including CA sales tax. I had to work 6 dealers against each other to get the car, ended up flying from OC to Livermore, CA and road tripped it back in one day (it was alot of fun). Larry Liu at Livermore Audi in CA was awesome, no BS and gave me a great deal.

I have leased about 8 Audi's, I always sell them private party before the lease is up and have always ended up positive equity (we don't drive a ton and I am meticulous), and have never paid money as a cap cost reduction toward the lease (always do zero drive offs or write a check for fees as I did on the S6). This avoids paying upfront tax on a purchase, and the models (usually S) have held their value pretty well. Depending on what the market is when my S6 lease is up, I will either sell it myself or just buy it and purchase an extended warranty. LOVE the car.

Thanks for sharing. That doesn't look too bad. Though the Residual is a bit low for the Audi. MB and BMW Residuals are in the 60s range I believe.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

You are correct about BMW leases, they keep the residuals high. They are basically artificially raising the residual to make the monthly lease payments lower. Not totally bad if you like the car and keep it for the entire term of the lease. However, do not try to get out early as the value of the car will be nowhere near the payoff amount. Audi is a bit more realistic in the residual values, which leads to a higher monthly lease payment. The upside is that your car may actually be worth more than the payoff at the end of the lease.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 19hole
You are correct about BMW leases, they keep the residuals high. They are basically artificially raising the residual to make the monthly lease payments lower. Not totally bad if you like the car and keep it for the entire term of the lease. However, do not try to get out early as the value of the car will be nowhere near the payoff amount. Audi is a bit more realistic in the residual values, which leads to a higher monthly lease payment. The upside is that your car may actually be worth more than the payoff at the end of the lease.
Exactly what 19hole said....

That's why here in SoCal, you see about 4 million 3-series on your morning commute. Everyone is trying to keep up with the Jones' and the local BMW dealers know it, you can lease a 320i for almost the same $ as a Civic (personally I'd rather have the Civic, I am SOOOOO tired of seeing BMW's everywhere).
Old 02-06-2017, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A6er
Exactly what 19hole said....

That's why here in SoCal, you see about 4 million 3-series on your morning commute. Everyone is trying to keep up with the Jones' and the local BMW dealers know it, you can lease a 320i for almost the same $ as a Civic (personally I'd rather have the Civic, I am SOOOOO tired of seeing BMW's everywhere).

It's funny you said that, it seems like I see the same number of Audis as BMWs on the road up here in the Northeast.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thehaviet
I understand that Audi just doesn't lease too well compare to MB, BMW, etc.

If you leased, what kind of deals are there? What's your drive off amount and monthly payment?

Thanks,
I have an S6 in the order queue that I am going to lease once it arrives. Should be here in April. Before placing the order I negotiated the following:

- 8% off msrp
- AFS MF and Residual (at time of delivery) i.e. No markup of MF. And don't forget that when you can purchase audicare the residual increases by 1%, which you should do because that basically covers the cost of scheduled maintenance
- all loyalty and incentives go to me (again, whatever is available at time of delivery, right now it's $1k loyalty and $2k lease incentive from the factory that expires 3/31)

When leasing these are the only variable you can negotiate: (1) discount from MSRP, (2) whether the dealer marks up the MF or not, and (3) whether the dealer give you all the incentives or tries to keep some for itself. Okay, I guess there is a fourth and that's whether the dealer throws extra fees into the lease, which of course you should refuse. Everything else is fixed.

This will be my 4th lease of an A6/S6. In my opinion, I dont think think it's realistic for a person to be able to do much better than this, but maybe somebody will weigh in and tell me I'm wrong.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
I have an S6 in the order queue that I am going to lease once it arrives. Should be here in April. Before placing the order I negotiated the following:

- 8% off msrp
- AFS MF and Residual (at time of delivery) i.e. No markup of MF. And don't forget that when you can purchase audicare the residual increases by 1%, which you should do because that basically covers the cost of scheduled maintenance
- all loyalty and incentives go to me (again, whatever is available at time of delivery, right now it's $1k loyalty and $2k lease incentive from the factory that expires 3/31)

When leasing these are the only variable you can negotiate: (1) discount from MSRP, (2) whether the dealer marks up the MF or not, and (3) whether the dealer give you all the incentives or tries to keep some for itself. Okay, I guess there is a fourth and that's whether the dealer throws extra fees into the lease, which of course you should refuse. Everything else is fixed.

This will be my 4th lease of an A6/S6. In my opinion, I dont think think it's realistic for a person to be able to do much better than this, but maybe somebody will weigh in and tell me I'm wrong.

When it comes to a lease, that all sounds about right. One of the things that you have to research before you negotiate is the MF. Most dealers will pad that. And you need to be as certain as possible that the MF that you researched is correct. As far as I recall AF sets the same MF for all of the US Market that changes monthly or quarterly. You have to really know what your doing with a lease, there's so many areas where the dealer will throw something in that's tough to catch.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Silent Drone

- 8% off msrp

That's a pretty sweet discount off of the MSRP. Nice deal

Quick Reply: Anyone Leased an S6?