S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Anyone Leased an S6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
That interesting... Why would the RV of the Prem+ be Higher than the Prestige?
It always is with Audi. That's why you are more likely to see a loaded Premium Plus on the lot rather than a "base" Prestige. Dealers can lease the Premium Plus models for less.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't interested in leasing when I purchased my 2017 S6 but we ran the numbers and I was amazed at how close the payments were at the time.

On a related note I just passed 1k miles and the car is simply amazing.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, the Audi lease deals aren't as subsidized as others. For the price of leasing an S6, I could almost lease a Mercedes S550. However, when leased my 2014 A6 TDI Premium Plus (3/36), I got it for $637 per month sign and drive, Audicare included.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kaner88
I wasn't interested in leasing when I purchased my 2017 S6 but we ran the numbers and I was amazed at how close the payments were at the time.

That's correct, I've always said that in a lot of my previous posts, I didn't want to rehash it again, cuz I got trolled a little for it.

One of the big reasons that they are so close is that the dealer probably padded the MF just a little, you still have to pay the Acquisition fee, and then there's the dealer Doc fees, etc. It becomes close to the same payment. The Dealer can hide a little extra money in a lease, and they let thier natural sales prowess taker over, and price it so close to a buy, that an educated buyer can't rationalize the lease purchase. I don't know for me when it's only like $120 more a month to just do a purchase it's not worth it at all to lease.

It seemed to me when I was purchasing my S6 There might have been an additional $500 Dealer cash or something, I seemed to get that impression while I was negotiating. I'm totally speculating here, but I bet it's normal for Audi to offer a little extra dealer cash to dealers who sign the purchase as a lease.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by e325rkh
Yes, the Audi lease deals aren't as subsidized as others. For the price of leasing an S6, I could almost lease a Mercedes S550. However, when leased my 2014 A6 TDI Premium Plus (3/36), I got it for $637 per month sign and drive, Audicare included.

I thought I read from a poster, that's because Mercedes or was it BMW overrated their RV's
Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought I read from a poster, that's because Mercedes or was it BMW overrated their RV's
Correct, sometimes both. Lexus was also doing it, unsure if they still do. Genesis also does it. Great for a lease.

I have a 2014 TDI that I turn in at the end of May. Buyout is $34,871 plus tax. Wondering if I get any settlement cash to just keep it. From what I've read, I only get the lease settlement either way.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

That's correct, I've always said that in a lot of my previous posts, I didn't want to rehash it again, cuz I got trolled a little for it.

One of the big reasons that they are so close is that the dealer probably padded the MF just a little, you still have to pay the Acquisition fee, and then there's the dealer Doc fees, etc. It becomes close to the same payment. The Dealer can hide a little extra money in a lease, and they let thier natural sales prowess taker over, and price it so close to a buy, that an educated buyer can't rationalize the lease purchase. I don't know for me when it's only like $120 more a month to just do a purchase it's not worth it at all to lease.

It seemed to me when I was purchasing my S6 There might have been an additional $500 Dealer cash or something, I seemed to get that impression while I was negotiating. I'm totally speculating here, but I bet it's normal for Audi to offer a little extra dealer cash to dealers who sign the purchase as a lease.
But most of the time a dealer wants you to lease because then they know you need a car again in 3 years.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kaner88

This is very surprising to hear. Do you mind sharing the numbers you came up with? There's no way paying for 36 months of depreciation on a lease is the same as taking out a loan with 36 months term.

Assuming the exact selling price on the both the lease and purchase, same interest/MF, zero down payment on both. There has to been at least 300-400 difference on a $60k MSRP car between a lease and financed purchase.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thehaviet
This is very surprising to hear. Do you mind sharing the numbers you came up with? There's no way paying for 36 months of depreciation on a lease is the same as taking out a loan with 36 months term.

Assuming the exact selling price on the both the lease and purchase, same interest/MF, zero down payment on both. There has to been at least 300-400 difference on a $60k MSRP car between a lease and financed purchase.
Also, depending on state, the sales tax adds a significant amount to the purchase.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I assume he meant same payment on 36mo lease vs 60mo finance.

After running the numbers my 36mo lease was about $400 less a month than a 60mo financing so definitely a big enough difference.

Quick Reply: Anyone Leased an S6?