S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

APR tune questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What month was your car manufactured?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeddyPlast
Honestly because it was available and I needed power =)
Hey, this is David in Camarillo, CA. You're statement of "I needed power" made me curious.

Doesn't a stock luxury car in a reasonable price range, relatively speaking, that can pull fairly consistent low 4s 0-60 times constitute "power" to you? Are you a hobby-enthusiast or industry (for work) enthusiast?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Shredster
Hey, this is David in Camarillo, CA. You're statement of "I needed power" made me curious.

Doesn't a stock luxury car in a reasonable price range, relatively speaking, that can pull fairly consistent low 4s 0-60 times constitute "power" to you? Are you a hobby-enthusiast or industry (for work) enthusiast?
I am a hobby enthusiast. I did have some affiliation with the tuning industry in the past, actually a competitor of APR, but that was 10 years ago. I personally have been modifying my own cars for nearly 20 years. My first Audi was a 93 S4, which of course, I had tuned and absolutely fell in love with the "sleeper". In stock form, yes the car is absolutely quick. However, in my mind, knowing I can make it quicker with software alone, its hard for me to resist. Also take my previous vehicles into account. It is really hard to downgrade in power. Once you get use to say 600HP, 400HP feels slow.

In all honesty, i don't even beat on my cars. I used launch control twice in 4700 miles. Being that its a luxury car, i'll probably never even take it to the track other than a 1/4 mile track to verify my numbers. I think its more of "knowing" what it can do.

Like i said earlier its acceptable risk. I admit TD1 issues and risk of warranty denial is a big issue. For me personally, its worth the risk for extra smiles i get driving it.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NeddyPlast
I am a hobby enthusiast. I did have some affiliation with the tuning industry in the past, actually a competitor of APR, but that was 10 years ago. I personally have been modifying my own cars for nearly 20 years. My first Audi was a 93 S4, which of course, I had tuned and absolutely fell in love with the "sleeper". In stock form, yes the car is absolutely quick. However, in my mind, knowing I can make it quicker with software alone, its hard for me to resist. Also take my previous vehicles into account. It is really hard to downgrade in power. Once you get use to say 600HP, 400HP feels slow.

In all honesty, i don't even beat on my cars. I used launch control twice in 4700 miles. Being that its a luxury car, i'll probably never even take it to the track other than a 1/4 mile track to verify my numbers. I think its more of "knowing" what it can do.

Like i said earlier its acceptable risk. I admit TD1 issues and risk of warranty denial is a big issue. For me personally, its worth the risk for extra smiles i get driving it.
Awesome, thanks for stating your position. I just got my S6 on Saturday and am giddy. I think I am going to refrain from chipping it but will enjoy others' power enhancements vicariously... at least that's what I am saying today...
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default no tune yet?

When I got my BMW 335i with its underclaimed 300hp for my wife's daily driver and told her that Dinan can tune it to 400hp, she said "no, it's fantastic as it is".

About a year later, she complained over dinner that she had had a hard time beating a Porsche up a freeway entrance ramp that morning and was ready for the tune.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SeattleSteve
Has Stasis said they will be doing a tune? Has anyone had an APR tune go wrong? Or have a mechanical due to the tune? I still haven't seen that yet?
i emailed stasis when i first got my car around end of sept-oct and they responded that they were/are working in products such as ecu tune and exhaust etc for the s6. they said something like hopefully by summer time but didnt give me an exact time frame of when it will be realeased though.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I called Stasis last week and was given a "don't hold us to it" guess of Labor Day. Since they had Revo in the UK working on the tune months before S6s ever got to the US, I wonder why they're not done.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cagambler
I called Stasis last week and was given a "don't hold us to it" guess of Labor Day. Since they had Revo in the UK working on the tune months before S6s ever got to the US, I wonder why they're not done.
im assuming theyre done with it already, they are probably doing extensive real world road testing before the release it to the public. im more leaning and waiting for stasis, just to have the warranty piece of mind. my audi dealer is a stasis dealer and will honor/cover all modifications if done by stasis. i would have already done the apr if it was warrantied, i just dont want to deal with if anything happens related to the tine or not, theyre probably going to blame it and deny coverage.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I feel the same. If I ever decide to tune the car, I would likely go with Stasis above all else because the dealer most local to me is a Stasis dealer and I would appreciate the added peace of mind.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mikec7s6
im assuming theyre done with it already, they are probably doing extensive real world road testing before the release it to the public. im more leaning and waiting for stasis, just to have the warranty piece of mind. my audi dealer is a stasis dealer and will honor/cover all modifications if done by stasis. i would have already done the apr if it was warrantied, i just dont want to deal with if anything happens related to the tine or not, theyre probably going to blame it and deny coverage.
As an FYI: There is some finger pointing and dispute going on between Audi and Stasis right now related to warranty items. My dealer will not install Stasis products till it is resolved...

Quick Reply: APR tune questions