S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

APR Tune tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Tune tomorrow

Hopefully, APR has the tune for my ECU code otherwise I may have to wait for them to create a flash which may take a week or so. If all is good I will get the flash.

I will drive the car a week or so then back to the dyno to see how much of a gain I get.

Stock at wheels:

HP: 385
TQ: 390

I will post the new numbers after the tune. Can't wait.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds great. I don't think I've seen independently done "before and after" dyno runs for the S6. Would be great if you could make it out to a drag strip to do the same.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The tracks here are closed during the winter. I really wanted to do the track before and after. I will try APR stock tune , 93 Octaine tunes and see what times I get.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As Turbonator mentioned, I have not seen anyone independently perform "before and after" dyno runs. Since you will be strapping the car to the dyno anyway, do a "before" dyno run, flash the ECU and then do the "after" run. The only bad thing is that to get true results, you may need to drive the car a for a day or two for adaptation to occur (I may be wrong about it though).
Old 02-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I plan on driving a week or so on the tune before going back to the dyno. The shop with the dyno sells 100+ octane so I may get some pulls with APR 100 octane setting as well.

I did check and my local track is open on Saturdays so if the weather is good I am going to the track this weekend to get some times.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default GIAC tune?

Has anyone taken a look at GIAC's tune for our car? I've used them in the past on some A4's with quality results.

- Peak gains of 103hp and 141lb-ft at the wheels on 100 octane
- Dramatic power gains of 77hp and 123lb-ft at the wheels -- on 91 octane!

http://www.awe-tuning.com/giac-40t-group
Old 02-09-2014, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CSCOKid
Has anyone taken a look at GIAC's tune for our car? I've used them in the past on some A4's with quality results.

- Peak gains of 103hp and 141lb-ft at the wheels on 100 octane
- Dramatic power gains of 77hp and 123lb-ft at the wheels -- on 91 octane!

http://www.awe-tuning.com/giac-40t-group
Here's some info and reviews:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Now-Available!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...uned-giac.html
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got the tune and a few VAG changes. I like the Lap Timer the best because of the turbo boost gauge. But back to the tune! Wow, different car. It is not just the power increase but the entire cars attitude while driving. Very responsive, in fact I went to pass a car and it moved so fast I could not believe it. The car down sifted in a second and was gone, so fast it hurt my neck, I was not expecting that kind of acceleration. I read how great the tune is but until you drive one you really cannot appreciate/realize what a drastic change it is.

Another perk is the down shifts in sports mode is hardly noticeable.

I will take it to the dyno and track in the next few weeks and post the results.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lee Moody
Got the tune and a few VAG changes. I like the Lap Timer the best because of the turbo boost gauge. But back to the tune! Wow, different car. It is not just the power increase but the entire cars attitude while driving. Very responsive, in fact I went to pass a car and it moved so fast I could not believe it. The car down sifted in a second and was gone, so fast it hurt my neck, I was not expecting that kind of acceleration. I read how great the tune is but until you drive one you really cannot appreciate/realize what a drastic change it is. Another perk is the down shifts in sports mode is hardly noticeable. I will take it to the dyno and track in the next few weeks and post the results.
Good to hear. I assume you are talking about the APR tune.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Lee Moody
Got the tune and a few VAG changes. I like the Lap Timer the best because of the turbo boost gauge. But back to the tune! Wow, different car. It is not just the power increase but the entire cars attitude while driving. Very responsive, in fact I went to pass a car and it moved so fast I could not believe it. The car down sifted in a second and was gone, so fast it hurt my neck, I was not expecting that kind of acceleration. I read how great the tune is but until you drive one you really cannot appreciate/realize what a drastic change it is.

Another perk is the down shifts in sports mode is hardly noticeable.

I will take it to the dyno and track in the next few weeks and post the results.
Pretty much right in line with what every one reports after getting the tune.

Quick Reply: APR Tune tomorrow