APR Tuned - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Log In 


S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present

APR Tuned

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
 
Phknlwyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Posts: 191
Default APR Tuned

Thanks to the fine folks at New German Performance (ngpracing.com), my stupidly fast car is now faster. The difference is most noticeable in the mid-range: the torque is there immediately and is sustained to the red line. My favorite part of driving my car - merging from the on ramp into traffic - was a even more of a breeze with the gobs of acceleration added with the tune. I also noticed that the boost gauge leaps to the full thrust position much faster than it did prior to the tune. Those are my initial impressions from a 25 mile trek home. I have 29 more days to decide whether or not I like it.
Phknlwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 132
Default

Congrats. I love my APR tune too. Did they have to downgrade your software as well?
ecpChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
 
Harsany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 187
Default

I love my APR tune as well. Let's hope the tranny holds together
__________________
2013 Audi S6
2012 Audi Q5
2011 Audi S4
2011 CSTV Coupe sold
2008 Audi S4 sold
2006 E55 AMG sold
2004 M3 sold
2001 CLK430 sold
1998 M3 Sedan (best car ever)sold
Harsany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsany View Post
I love my APR tune as well. Let's hope the tranny holds together
You will be fine if you don't hammer it all the time. Use the power once in a while. It's not like the car is even remotely slow to begin with.
__________________
Currently:
2011 BMW M3 * 2014 Audi S6 * 2015 Audi S3 * 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
Vijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Lee Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rolesville, NC
Posts: 26
Default

Does the APR tune void your warrantee? I am a newbie to Audi but would worry if I busted something because of the increased power. Any advice?
Lee Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Moody View Post
Does the APR tune void your warrantee? I am a newbie to Audi but would worry if I busted something because of the increased power. Any advice?
Do a search for that topic. It comes up almost weekly on the forum. The best answer for that question always starts out with "That depends ..... "
Deazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
 
Phknlwyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Posts: 191
Default

Lee, I tuned my car with the thought that I was voiding parts of my warranty. The "it depends" comment above is very accurate. It depends upon your relationship with the service people at the dealership...it depends on what you are doing if and when something breaks (the computer will know if you go last the rev limiter and blow the engine)...etc. I do not take my car to the track and I have never used launch control. I got the tune to flip the bird to the various rice rocketeers that think they can mess with my "luxury car" on the highway. I have the tune because I operate under the theory that it is better to have and not need than not have and need. One final thought: as an attorney, I am comfortable having to enforce my rights in the event that Audi denies a warranty claim improperly. It will cost me nothing.
Phknlwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
DrCondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,236
Default

My understanding from my dealer is that scan tool detection of any flash triggers a code that absolutely requires the dealer to interact with Audi as to the question of warranty coverage, i.e., the decision is not entirely up to them. My dealer has consistently been very forthcoming and creative on service, but I don't think I will risk a power train spat with AudiUSA, at least until after the initial warranty period.

Perhaps an Audi affiliated poster can confirm my understanding, but it is my operating assumption.
__________________

Brake dust compromise installed

2000 Nogaro Blue S4 = 104,485 miles
2004 Nogaro Blue S4 = 75,000 miles
2007 Daytona Grey RS4, CF trim, no sunroof or nav, and no damn "V8" badges...
sold and sorely missed on 8/10/13 and at 110,877 miles
2013 Estoril Blue S6..."Torque tells the Truth"
DrCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
 
Harsany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 187
Default

Yes this is what I have heard from service department as well. I may be in a unique position as I have informed my service advisor(Service Manager) of my APR tune, plus I know the owner of the dealership. In addition have purchased 5 new Audis since 2009 including a new SQ5 which I'm taking delivery of next week. If I have issues regarding my tune, **** will hit the fan with the owner and he can take it up with Audi Canada. It's ultimately their choice if they want a customer like me that will remain loyal and buy numerous vehicles in the upcoming years or **** me off and I will sell all my Audis, give them bad press and move to one of their competitors, their choice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCondor View Post
My understanding from my dealer is that scan tool detection of any flash triggers a code that absolutely requires the dealer to interact with Audi as to the question of warranty coverage, i.e., the decision is not entirely up to them. My dealer has consistently been very forthcoming and creative on service, but I don't think I will risk a power train spat with AudiUSA, at least until after the initial warranty period.

Perhaps an Audi affiliated poster can confirm my understanding, but it is my operating assumption.
__________________
2013 Audi S6
2012 Audi Q5
2011 Audi S4
2011 CSTV Coupe sold
2008 Audi S4 sold
2006 E55 AMG sold
2004 M3 sold
2001 CLK430 sold
1998 M3 Sedan (best car ever)sold
Harsany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
AudiWorld Member
 
Dr Chill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsany View Post
Yes this is what I have heard from service department as well. I may be in a unique position as I have informed my service advisor(Service Manager) of my APR tune, plus I know the owner of the dealership. In addition have purchased 5 new Audis since 2009 including a new SQ5 which I'm taking delivery of next week. If I have issues regarding my tune, **** will hit the fan with the owner and he can take it up with Audi Canada. It's ultimately their choice if they want a customer like me that will remain loyal and buy numerous vehicles in the upcoming years or **** me off and I will sell all my Audis, give them bad press and move to one of their competitors, their choice.
Unfortunately your prior purchases and dealer relationship doesn't mean that much to AOA or AOC if your engine fails and you are flagged TD1. It would require many car purchases to cover the cost of a $30,000+ motor. Hopefully you won't need to test out your relationship.
__________________
2014 Audi S6
2013 Audi S4
2015 A3 TDI (sheesh)
2015 Z/28
Dr Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
:: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! B8 S4 ECS Performance Lightweight Flywheel ECS Tuning-Audi S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion 2 03-27-2016 06:49 AM
:: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! B8 S5 3.0T ECS Performance Lightweight Flywheel ECS Tuning-Audi Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio 3 02-04-2016 08:36 AM
us mobile dougpaper A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion 10 12-20-2015 04:31 PM
Shelby Monsoon Enough (break-in and other questions) Monsoonenough S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion 3 10-03-2015 02:59 PM
STILL FOR SALE CATBACK AND DOWNPIPE ernestolopez A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion 0 09-30-2015 08:29 AM


Tags
a7, apr, audi, b5, johnston, lee, s4, tune, tuning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:26 PM.