S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Auto Hold feature

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Hold feature

Does the S6 have the Auto Hold feature like the BMW Auto-H function.

This system assists the driver by automatically setting and releasing the brake, such as when moving in stop-and-go traffic.

The vehicle is automatically held in place when it is stationary.

I looked through the manuals and pictures and I am not seeing it.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you press the parking break when stopped you can remove your foot from the brake pedal. If you press the accelerator the brake automatically releases.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Also will auto release in reverse, as long as you have your seatbelt on. You will see the word park in the dash when auto release is engaged.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will the parking break engage again the next time you stop?
Old 06-26-2015, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chyates
Will the parking break engage again the next time you stop?
No
Old 06-26-2015, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

So it sounds like Audi doesn't have a matching feature. I really like it on my X5 works great in stop and go traffic.

I found the feature in some Audi docs on older vehicles, wonder why they don't have the feature anymore.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Audi has the same feature. It's called Hill Hold, but it also works on flat roads. Basically whenever you come to a stop. However, this option is not made available in North America on any current models.

We do get Hill Start, though, which automatically engages if you come to a stop on an incline. It will hold the brakes for a few seconds after releasing them to give enough time to apply throttle without the car rolling back.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:04 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by chyates
So it sounds like Audi doesn't have a matching feature. I really like it on my X5 works great in stop and go traffic.

I found the feature in some Audi docs on older vehicles, wonder why they don't have the feature anymore.
The ACC has stop and go which is what it sounds like you are looking for.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Audi has the same feature. It's called Hill Hold, but it also works on flat roads. Basically whenever you come to a stop. However, this option is not made available in North America on any current models.

We do get Hill Start, though, which automatically engages if you come to a stop on an incline. It will hold the brakes for a few seconds after releasing them to give enough time to apply throttle without the car rolling back.
To clarify further, in NA this "hill hold lite" will only work facing up an incline and not facing down. You stop on the hill with your foot on the brake. You can then release your foot from the brake pedal and the brakes will hold with no time limit until you press the gas pedal when they will release automatically.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
To clarify further, in NA this "hill hold lite" will only work facing up an incline and not facing down. You stop on the hill with your foot on the brake. You can then release your foot from the brake pedal and the brakes will hold with no time limit until you press the gas pedal when they will release automatically.
That's not quite correct. The hill start will also work facing down an incline if you are trying to reverse up the hill, e.g. parallel park on a downhill slope. There is a time limit, the brakes will release to avoid overheating the ABS pumps if you don't get on the throttle fast enough.

Quick Reply: Auto Hold feature