S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Average wait times - 2016 S6

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average wait times - 2016 S6

Just placed an order for a MY16 S6 last week and received the COMM# and "Customer in waiting" email yesterday.

I have been reading on the forum that wait is anywhere between 60-90 days and in some cases, cars arrived earlier. I also read that the plant will be closed in August for 3 weeks and this is going to delay the delivery of S6s to almost 6 months, so was wondering what is the amount of time you have waited for your S6 from the time your order was processed and a COMM# was issued?

Would appreciate feedback from you guys who are lucky enough to get your rides or some of us who are anxiously waiting for our cars.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wish I knew what you are asking. I placed an order for a 2016 SQ5 on 5/30, and I have heard nothing. I was told 3-4 months, but I don't think the dealer really knows.

I suspect the are winding down on the MY2015 cars and then they have to change the line over and ramp up with the MY2016 cars. I can tell you that August is the holiday time for south Germany and almost everyone takes off in the August to early Sept. time frame. Most people I deal with for work take at least 3 weeks.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nish
Just placed an order for a MY16 S6 last week and received the COMM# and "Customer in waiting" email yesterday.

I have been reading on the forum that wait is anywhere between 60-90 days and in some cases, cars arrived earlier. I also read that the plant will be closed in August for 3 weeks and this is going to delay the delivery of S6s to almost 6 months, so was wondering what is the amount of time you have waited for your S6 from the time your order was processed and a COMM# was issued?

Would appreciate feedback from you guys who are lucky enough to get your rides or some of us who are anxiously waiting for our cars.
I placed my order on Mar 20, and it was just built this week. I expect around 120 days from order to delivery. From what I have read on the forum it appears the times are getting extended into 5-6 months for delivery unless you can get the dealer to change something they already have in the pipeline.

Good Luck!
Old 06-13-2015, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been reports of a long wait. Especially Black Optic and Sports Pack options.

As Chyates mentioned - you need to get the dealer to get a car already in the pipeline changed to your specs. Otherwise yes I could see November delivery.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jengram - I would ask for the order sheet from the dealers order system. If it says you are IS order bank your dealer hasn't been allocated a car. You want to make sure it says it is in factory order bank (which then should get a build date week shortly after).

If your sheet says IS order bank then you need to push your dealer to get it allocated or a car currently in the factory order bank changed to your spec.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My guess is to plan on about 4 months. If you ordered a the sport exhaust option or black optics then extend that to a 5-6 month wait.

Right now it's like waiting in line at Six Flags to just get your car lined up for production...even for some changeable orders. Then there will be bottlenecks in Emden from 2-4 weeks, depending on what port your car comes into it's about a 7-12 day trip across the pond, US port issues and then once it gets released to the carrier it speeds up.

In the end...it's 100% worth the wait. My mistake is I sold my totally reliable, sweet 2010 B8 S4 not long after I placed my order and then had to rent cars each week. Or maybe that made the arrival of my S6 just that much better.

Good luck and an early congrats.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My March 10 order - with sport package and black optic, which rumor has it aggravates the delay - has been assigned to production week 31 - or Aug 3, as I count it, shortly before the summer shutdown. Add appx 6 weeks in transit and that forecasts out to mid to late September, 6 to 6 1/2 months.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cbl1
Jengram - I would ask for the order sheet from the dealers order system. If it says you are IS order bank your dealer hasn't been allocated a car. You want to make sure it says it is in factory order bank (which then should get a build date week shortly after).

If your sheet says IS order bank then you need to push your dealer to get it allocated or a car currently in the factory order bank changed to your spec.
cbl1- Thanks for the reply. I will contact my sales person today to discuss my order. From what I see on here, it will be minimum 4 months unless they can change a car they already have on order.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ordered mine on 6/2. Goes into production next week. I expect to take delivery late October. I've seen most people waiting about 5 months for them if the car was ordered before the factory closed for the month of August. 2016 S6 prestige, sprint blue, s6 sport package, drivers assistant package, night vision.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice car!

Quick Reply: Average wait times - 2016 S6