S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Back in the family

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 04:56 PM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the family

Hey folks! I've rejoined the Audi family after a 10-year absence. Last May I purchased a CPO 2013 S6:

Those who have been around on AudiWorld since the early '00s might remember me from the B5 S4 forum back then:

Picked up the S6 about 16 years to the day that I took delivery of my 2000 S4.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome back. Beautiful cars!

What kind of drugs does it take to lay a sidewalk like that?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hwj
Hey folks! I've rejoined the Audi family after a 10-year absence. Last May I purchased a CPO 2013 S6:

Those who have been around on AudiWorld since the early '00s might remember me from the B5 S4 forum back then:

Picked up the S6 about 16 years to the day that I took delivery of my 2000 S4.
Welcome back... that is such a beautiful car. Congratulations!! I'm drooling for sure.

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Welcome back. Beautiful cars!

What kind of drugs does it take to lay a sidewalk like that?

The drug is called "perfectionism". That is definitely a nice driveway, but it pales in comparison the that beautiful machine adorning it. = )
Old 08-11-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6

The drug is called "perfectionism". That is definitely a nice driveway, but it pales in comparison the that beautiful machine adorning it. = )
Just a wild guess, but I suspect Tenspeed is referring to the sidewalk in the S4 photo, which just does not work.

Nice car hwj!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Just a wild guess, but I suspect Tenspeed is referring to the sidewalk in the S4 photo, which just does not work.
Correct. The sidewalks in the Nogaro Blue S4 photo look like they might be leading to a skateboard park.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:45 AM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Ha! I forgot how many comments that S4 picture used to get about the sidewalk in the background. The perspective of the shot makes it look a little more crazy than it actually is. Satellite image of location: https://goo.gl/maps/AW5jARFFWYw

I took that pic back when I lived in the Austin TX suburbs. The road I'm posing on dead-ended right behind me -- the surrounding neighborhoods were still building out.

My understanding is that the undulation of the sidewalk was to allow later planting of shade trees along the road such that the concrete wouldn't get buckled by root growth.

Doesn't look like they've planted anything yet. 😕
Old 08-11-2016, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice ride! Good to see more enthusiasts from the bay area
Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hwj
Hey folks! I've rejoined the Audi family after a 10-year absence. Last May I purchased a CPO 2013 S6:...Picked up the S6 about 16 years to the day that I took delivery of my 2000 S4.
Congrats and welcome back - seems we both hit AW around the same time, though clearly you were much busier posting than I was...

What did you drive in the intervening 10 years?

How do you like the S6 thus far?
Old 08-12-2016, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse

Nice car hwj!
Originally Posted by tenspeed
Correct. The sidewalks in the Nogaro Blue S4 photo look like they might be leading to a skateboard park.
LOL,...

Sorry I missed that completely. I've seen these sidewalks in So Cali and Phoenix AZ area many times so didn't think much about the oddity.

My bad.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:00 AM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Congrats and welcome back - seems we both hit AW around the same time, though clearly you were much busier posting than I was...
Heh. If the old database was still intact, you'd see that the majority of those posts were in AWOT vs. the car forums.

What did you drive in the intervening 10 years?
An E39 M5. It was an amazing car in its prime. Drove it a few years longer than I intended to, and in that time it started to feel pretty tired and dated. I still need to sell it.

How do you like the S6 thus far?
I look forward to getting in it and driving it each and every time. Haven't had that feeling in a long time. It's so wonderfully fast, smooth, and unflappable.

Quick Reply: Back in the family