S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Best time to order my 2017 S6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best time to order my 2017 S6

I have clearance from the Domestic Finance Department to place an order for a 2017 S6, and wanted to get advice on the best time to place the order to get the best possible deal (in addition to any other negotiating tips anyone has to offer). From chatting with someone at the local dealer, it sounds like this would be sometime in July so that my car would arrive before the end of the year. I'm planning on soliciting bids from every dealer within 500 miles with a deadline, and giving the business to whoever gives me the best price.

I'll also be unloading my 2012 A6 Premium Plus with Sport Package in the process, and am wondering about trading it in versus selling it myself.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Get a Audi Club NA membership...you must be a member for at least 6 months (you can buy this out though and it's not pricey) to get a 6% off MSRP discount. Then you can apply Audi Loyalty if you are trading in or are currently an Audi owner.

This saves ton of time and you likely won't find a much better deal than this by spending hour negotiating with dozens of dealers. You can buy where you want and get a great deal at the same time. Plus...it's a good club to be a member of.

You can also order when you wish.

Member Loyalty Program | Audi Club of North America
Old 11-23-2015, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Already get a discount via my employer

I already get a 6% discount via my employer, and I don't think I can "stack" MSRP discounts (although this would be great if true...). Because these incentives are from the manufacturer, it is possible to push the dealer pretty hard on their price, as these discounts don't come out of their pocket. For example, a friend of mine got a new 2015 A6 Prestige for $50K by playing six dealers off against each other in late December for the best final price, and then applying his employer discount and loyalty discount on top of this.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's great. Probably the best time would be to wait until just before the next model year gets released but I am not convinced it would significantly change the price of the car. Part of that reasoning is there is little expected change from 2016 to 2017 model year cars.

S cars are not the easiest to come by in the USA especially if you are the kind of buyer (like me) who is particular about color and options. Because of this I think it may change the willingness to negotiate (meaning deeper and deeper discounts) vs if you were ordering a A6.

IMO...I would get the dealers negotiating with the thought of hitting a targeted delivery date you want...know you will have to wait 4 months (give or take) one the order is placed.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Regarding 2016 vs 2017, there are rumors circulating that the A6/S6 and A7/S7 may get an external remodel. It is interesting that neither model as yet made it into the hands of reviewers (i.e. I see lots of reviews for the 2016 models last year at this time last year, but nothing this year for the 2017 A6/S6). I'll start a separate thread on this.

Regarding the timing, my rational for ordering in July was so that I could take delivery by the end of the calendar year (allowing the dealer to accrue this against their annual quota, thus giving me a bit more leverage).
Old 11-24-2015, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2016s came out rather early because of the delayed model refresh not making it into 2015. So 2015 was a short production as far as I remember.

I have not seen any rumors as to any changes for 2017.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah I saw your other threads with 2017 write-ups. I don't think that will be until a 2018 model year. But you can always wait until next year to see.

I waited on the every so pending Q7 for about 3 years until I finally decided on the 2016 S6 instead.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like an amazing deal...what's your employer (or industry), just out of curiosity?

Originally Posted by TallMartin
I already get a 6% discount via my employer, and I don't think I can "stack" MSRP discounts (although this would be great if true...). Because these incentives are from the manufacturer, it is possible to push the dealer pretty hard on their price, as these discounts don't come out of their pocket. For example, a friend of mine got a new 2015 A6 Prestige for $50K by playing six dealers off against each other in late December for the best final price, and then applying his employer discount and loyalty discount on top of this.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Let's just say I work in high tech...

I ended up getting a 2016 S6 with the following packages for $1,156 below invoice (i.e. purchase price of $79,022):

Prestige Package
Driver Assistance Plus Package
S6 Sport Package
Black Optic Package
Black, Valcona Leather Seating Surfaces
Daytona Gray Pearl Effect
Carbon Atlas Inlays
Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit
Audi Guard All-Weather Floor Mats (Set Of 4)
Old 12-15-2015, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

so you got 6% off of MSRP and then the Audi incentives? Do you know if youre able to stack the 6% off + audi loyalty + audi finance benefit?

Originally Posted by TallMartin
Let's just say I work in high tech...

I ended up getting a 2016 S6 with the following packages for $1,156 below invoice (i.e. purchase price of $79,022):

Prestige Package
Driver Assistance Plus Package
S6 Sport Package
Black Optic Package
Black, Valcona Leather Seating Surfaces
Daytona Gray Pearl Effect
Carbon Atlas Inlays
Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit
Audi Guard All-Weather Floor Mats (Set Of 4)

Quick Reply: Best time to order my 2017 S6