S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Big ACC issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big ACC issue

So a little over a month ago I bought a "new to me" 2014 S6. Car only had 3k miles on it, all the options I was looking for, so I went ahead with it. 7 hour drive to pick it up and 7 more hours back home, an error message popped up on the dash saying ACC and braking guard inactive. I called up the salesman and was told sometimes when the road is very wet and it's raining heavy it will deactivate since the sensors can't see what they need to see.
Make it home and still have the error, even after a few days. Now I bring it to my audi dealer and after a few back and forth issues between the two dealers they told me when the windows were tinted (was like this when I picked it up) they removed the top mount camera and misaligned it. The dealer I bought the car from at first refused to pay the dealer the car is at, saying he should do it as a courtesy. Getting fed up with the several days of back and forth with them, being told I bought a used car and to deal with it, I called Audi USA who told the original dealer they need to pay for this.
So after an alignment still hasn't fixed the problem they noticed the windshield is not an Oem part. A technician from Audi HQ had to come out to recalibrate their alignment machine, and attempt to realign these cameras yet again. Still no luck. So here we are about 3 weeks in and they decide to change the windshield on the originating dealers dime. Fast forward to most recently and the windshield gets broken in transit and here I am, unhappy, and without my car for a month.
Any advice for me?
Old 05-21-2015, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How far were you into the drive when this happened? Sounds to me they are grasping at straws and hoping one of them fixes the issue. If the windshield was/is the issue it should have shown up from the start.

I have found in my many years of owning Audi cars that the Dealers don't know what to do once all the default troubleshooting is done. They have no problem spending your money to fix the issues and you don't get reimbursed for it either.

He is right about one thing if the sensors cannot see they will shut down. Happens on my A8 from time to time. It is a pain and this happens at time on clear days. I think there is an issue with the system but dealer doesn't want to hear it. I guess after we spend enough money troubleshooting the issue they will figure it out. Great way to troubleshoot on someone else's dime.

Don't get me wrong I love my Audi's but they need to step up to the plate and fix these issues on their dime not ours.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

So it sounds like the windshield had been replaced before you got the car and they didn't use an OEM windshield?

And I would guess that when the windshield gets replaced, the dealer must be involved because they need to align the sensors. Sounds like that did not get done either.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd pull a Carfax report to see what happened to that car. Was it sold as a CPO vehicle?
Old 05-21-2015, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
So it sounds like the windshield had been replaced before you got the car and they didn't use an OEM windshield?

And I would guess that when the windshield gets replaced, the dealer must be involved because they need to align the sensors. Sounds like that did not get done either.
Correct. According to my dealer there would be records in audi database of any visits to the dealer, which there are none.