S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Black S6 emblems

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black S6 emblems

Thinking about adding these emblems to the S6 to make it look a little meaner. What do you guys think?

TAG Blackout Cosmetic Package for Audi S6
Old 07-17-2016, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I have TAG black emblems on my cars. Looks much better than chrome.

GO FOR IT!
Old 07-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vinhhsanityy
Thinking about adding these emblems to the S6 to make it look a little meaner. What do you guys think?

TAG Blackout Cosmetic Package for Audi S6
I was going to do it on my Black S6 with black optics pkg and blacked out windows. First the price for all them is stupid if you ask me. Yes I get they are new and recoated but $800? My car is so black already the emblem's are the only thing you really see that lets you know it is an Audi. I was going to get them but decided I like the look better without them.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The reason why the TAG emblems cost more is because they go through a more labor-intensive process to make them.

If you just go on eBay and buy cheap black emblems, all they are doing is spray painting them. The paint doesn't bond well to the chrome finish, and will chip off very easily. I have gone through about a half dozen cheap emblems on my Mercedes with paint chipping off.

The TAG emblems are sand-blasted first to prepare the surface, and then sprayed. If doing an S line badge, the red is then hand-painted on as the final step. The result is the TAG emblems look better and last longer.

I highly recommend getting the TAG emblems over the cheaper options out there. I have them on 2 of my cars now, and couldn't be more pleased with the look and durability over time.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
The reason why the TAG emblems cost more is because they go through a more labor-intensive process to make them.

If you just go on eBay and buy cheap black emblems, all they are doing is spray painting them. The paint doesn't bond well to the chrome finish, and will chip off very easily. I have gone through about a half dozen cheap emblems on my Mercedes with paint chipping off.

The TAG emblems are sand-blasted first to prepare the surface, and then sprayed. If doing an S line badge, the red is then hand-painted on as the final step. The result is the TAG emblems look better and last longer.

I highly recommend getting the TAG emblems over the cheaper options out there. I have them on 2 of my cars now, and couldn't be more pleased with the look and durability over time.

So why not offer the customers a discount if they send you theirs for recoating. If they are sandblasting and repainting them I don't get why we are paying for new ones when repainting the ones you already have would look exactly the same. It is still a lot of money for what you are actually getting.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I did the project myself and saved $800 bucks. It is not a quick thing though thats for sure. I haven't had any issues with the paint bonding to the plastic though.

Made a video for it too.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I have TAG black emblems on my cars. Looks much better than chrome.

GO FOR IT!
Thanks for the reply. Did you do it yourself or have a workshop put the emblems on for you?
Old 07-19-2016, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by vinhhsanityy
Thanks for the reply. Did you do it yourself or have a workshop put the emblems on for you?
I do it myself.

I put blue tape around the OEM emblems first. Then use dental floss to remove the emblems. I pull off the adhesive with my fingers, and then used a clay bar to finish clearing the surface. Finally, I do an alcohol rub to make sure all wax is gone.

Then you stick the new emblems using the blue tape as a guide.

When done, pull off the blue tape. You have perfectly placed emblems.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I just put blue tape around mine and used 3 or 4 coats of black plastidip. You can then easily peel off around the emblems. I spent $5 for a can of plastidip. Simple
Old 07-27-2016, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Deazy
I just put blue tape around mine and used 3 or 4 coats of black plastidip. You can then easily peel off around the emblems. I spent $5 for a can of plastidip. Simple
Any tips on taping off the "4-Os" grill emblem? I'm tempted to pop this off and do it separately...

Also, did you keep the red section of the S6 badge red? If so, did you tape it?

Quick Reply: Black S6 emblems