S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Comfort seats

Hi Guys,
Has anybody done any real world comparison between comfort seats and sport seats? As in driven both and one of them considerably better? Hard to find a 2015 with the options I want for my bride with comfort seating. Just not that popular? How about Bang and Olufsen sound over Bose?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert,

I have the sport seat. While it is aesthetically pleasing, my sentiment is that it lacks the 'cushion' for longer hauls. I have not sat on a comfort seat to compare & contrast. I am not a huge or heavy guy; I still get reminded on how much less foam is in the seat. This is probably one of the things I would have done differently if I were to do the whole thing again. For short trips, the sport seat will be just fine. I commute roughly 50 miles a day & there are no issues. I wouldn't want to sit in that seat for a 300 mile drive, that's for sure.

Second question - Bose has no bass. It is not the best audio system I have listened to in a car. I would pay more for a better audio. I don't know how good the B&O system is relative to the money you will be paying. I doubt that it is 5K good, but this is where subjectivity comes into play.

You really touched on the 2 gripes I have about S6. That being said, this is where it stops. Everything else on that car is A+. So, if you get the comfort seat & B&O, you would have a perfect car is what I am thinking. Are you willing part with few extra $s? If so, go for it. I would have, in hindsight.

Last edited by c7s62016; 05-23-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've driven my 2016 S6 with Sport seats from the San Francisco Bay Area to LA and back twice (6 hours each way), plus, to Eureka, Ca and back, and find the seats to be very comfortable on long trips with no issues with them being too firm. These are the best seats I've ever had in any car...and I'm 60. In 2 weeks, I leave on a trip to Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada. With side trips, I'll cover more than 2,500 miles, and expect the seats to be fine on that trip. I am really looking forward to this road trip and will report back on how the car performs, including the comfort.

Chris JB

2016 S6 Prestige - Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Optic Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Old 05-23-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I too was curious about the difference in the seats. I sat in and adjusted both of them and here are my observations.

The sport seat aesthetically looks much nicer.

The ventilation option should be available on both seat types. Unfortunately it is only available on the comfort seat but that compromises the appearance, includes the massage function which I don't need along with the additional cost and weight.

The thigh extension on the comfort seat is motorized whereas it is manual on the sport seat.

Seat memory for the front passenger seat is nice to have but it is only available with the comfort seat package and it is not necessary.

The fact that the seat cushion and back bolsters on the comfort seats are infinitely adjustable is nice but having owned Porsches, their 14 and 18-way power seats are easier to adjust with specific switches and levers for each adjustment. On the Audi it is cumbersome and requires you to look at the center display to know what function you are going to adjust and which way to press the 4 direction disc to make the adjustment. If you don't look at the display you end up getting a massage instead of adjusting the seat. Why can Porsche have great looking and adjustable seats WITH ventilation and Audi doesn't is a little odd.

There is a reason the Arras Red leather is only available in the sport seat, it is THE seat to have in the S6 and S7.

The last thing I noticed missing in the Audi is a feature that Porsche calls "Comfort Entry" which raises the steering wheel up and moves the seat back when the car is turned off to allow for easier entry and exit and minimizes the wear and rubbing on the bolsters.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Comfort seat more comfortable

Its that simple. Maybe its the cushioning, which is clearly greater. I am 5'10" 215lbs and the comfort seat is so much better on the long haul. Also, the headrest is less obtrusive when looking back, a minor point.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default seats

Thanks guys! I am 6'1 and all of 170 lbs and 55 so i am not worried about support so much as long drive comfort. The sport seats do certainly look better but this car is going to be around a while (my a6 has 170,000 on it) so I don't want to knee jerk a decision.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-24-2016, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Having had both comfort and sport in multiple Audis...

… it boils down to comfort versus control. If you are using the S6 in primarily commuting and straight roads, the comfort seats are great. My complaint is that they provide no lateral support when things get twisty. We have always settled on sport seats and been happy with the compromise, although on long trips my wife would trade the sport seats in the S4, for the co fort seats in the A6. I am looking at an S6 right now and it has sport seats and that's how I will lease it of we decide to make the jump.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm a sport seat fan....drive quite a bit daily and I'm 6'2 260. Long trips and I feel amazing after driving. Had a CTS-V with Recaros....plus side they the A/C ventilation...minus rock hard not as comfy. Two things I don't like is the non-ventilated seats and no remote start other than that..amazing car!
Old 05-25-2016, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Robert Schirmer
Hi Guys,
Has anybody done any real world comparison between comfort seats and sport seats? As in driven both and one of them considerably better? Hard to find a 2015 with the options I want for my bride with comfort seating. Just not that popular? How about Bang and Olufsen sound over Bose?

Thanks,
Bob
I knew from the option list that i wanted comfort seats (more adjustments, memorized sitting including side support, and vent seats - must have for me).
Test drove s6 with sport seats and after that dealer located a car 600 miles away with comfort seats and i bought it.

Vent option actually works very good when you know how to use it: it pumps cabin air to your back so first you need to cool down cabin temp and turn on vent fan after that otherwise it will pump 106F air to your back!
Also I i discovered I like the massage function - I use it on trips and after gym every day.

Comfort for me is a big factor and I go for maximum available!
Old 05-25-2016, 05:11 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

If it helps any, the sport seats in the S6 are more comfortable than the very similar looking sport seat in the S4. I don't know the exact differences (other than the obvious diamond stitching) but the S6 seats are perhaps just that smidgen wider that I needed being a big boy. I think I would have been disappointed with the look of the comfort seats in the S6 just knowing the S8 gets sport-comfort seats with all the goodies combined....lol

Quick Reply: Comfort seats