S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Dealer install Driver Assistance Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer install Driver Assistance Package

Looking to install Adaptive Cruise control on my 2013 A6. Is there any dealer who would install the package and how much would it cost ?
Old 02-12-2016, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Theoretically, any dealer can install the ACC package.

Cost? - might be more cost effective to trade your car for one with the options you want.

edit: I just checked Edmunds and ACC adds $654 to the value of a 2012 A6. Paying any more than that for a install is a loss.

Last edited by tenspeed; 02-12-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tenspeed, owning any car results in a financial loss. We buy them for a variety of reasons, but unless one buys a car for a financial investment alone, the level of utility that person enjoys for having the car/feature can be more than the utility of an alternate use of the funds.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribing to thread.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
tenspeed, owning any car results in a financial loss. We buy them for a variety of reasons, but unless one buys a car for a financial investment alone, the level of utility that person enjoys for having the car/feature can be more than the utility of an alternate use of the funds.
While it is true that a vehicle is a depreciating asset, it doesn't make sense to spend thousands of dollars to add a feature worth $654. It would be easier, more reliable and more cost effective to trade up to a vehicle with factory installed options.

The OP should be asking a Audi service adviser about the cost, feasibility and time span. The desired use of funds could then be determined.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I talked to two Audi dealer's in my area and both of them said that this cannot be retrofitted and the only way to get it is with a factory install.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tenspeed
The OP should be asking a Audi service adviser about the cost, feasibility and time span. The desired use of funds could then be determined.
Is this someone different from the Audi dealers, because I talked to 4 of them now and all of them said the same thing which is it cannot be done by us and you need to buy it with the car.

What are my options at this point, other than doing it myself.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's entirely possible that the wiring harness is different for cars equipped with ACC, making a retrofit completely impractical. Even if this isn't the case and you plugged all the required components in (and there are a lot of them), the ECU might not play nicely. I second the suggestions above that it's going to be a lot easier and less expensive to trade your car in on one with the features you want.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

To clarify in as few words as possible for you:

If your C7 does not have Side Assist, you will be looking at a new gateway - $

If your C7 does not have Lane Assist, you will be looing at a new windshield, image processing control module, image processing camera, and all of the trim that goes along with it - $$$

Your C7 will require a completely different instrument cluster - $$$

Your C7 would need the ACC radar sensors (2), new fog trims, and mountings - $$$

Your C7 would need a new steering wheel clock spring control module as well as the appropriate column levers - $$

Your car does not have any existing wiring to retrofit any components it does not already possess so you would either need to source aftermarket harnesses and connectors or fabricate your own.

Adaptation and component protection removal will need to be done by a dealer, granted you can find one that is willing to help.

And the final pain in the *** will be the calibration of the retrofitted system which sits at about 7 hours of shop labor.

I hope this sheds some light on the situation.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
To clarify in as few words as possible for you:
I can do it in fewer words:

Buy another car.

Quick Reply: Dealer install Driver Assistance Package